MangoPay documents

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 5 months ago #252278

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi there,

Quick question about the Mangopay plugin.

When the vendor goes in the front end to management section of Mangopay, there is a tab called "docuements".

I imagine this tab lists the documents that the user has uploaded to Mangopay. It lists three documents:
1) Statute
2) Proof of registration
3) Shareholder declaration ( this is listed only if the vendor is Business and not an organization)

Then there is the option to upload documents, however in the upload documents view the vendor can upload 4 types of documents:
A) Proof of identity
B ) Proof of registration
C) Articles of association
D) Shareholder declaration

Any reason why the vendor cannot upload the following?:
1)Statute

Any reason why the vendor cannot see in the documents tab whether the following has been uploaded?
A) Proof of identity
C) Articles of association

Thank you!

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by sabroso.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #252284

Hi,

Well, there is in one hand the documents required for the "KYC" part :
docs.mangopay.com/guide/kyc

And there is the "Legal user" :
docs.mangopay.com/endpoints/v2.01/users#...he-legal-user-object

In that Legal user object we can retrieve several elements :
Statute (The business statute of the company)
ShareholderDeclaration (The shareholder declaration of the company)
ProofOfRegistration (A MANGOPAY reference to the validated document of the proof of registration of the company)

That is why these three elements are displayed in the KYC part instead of listing the KYC documents.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 5 months ago #252816

OK thanks.

However, according to the documentation, it looks like there are a few discrepancies between how the Hikamarket plugin works and how users can be registered in Mangopay.

Mangopay defines four "person types":
1) Natural
2) Legal - Business
3) Legal - Organization
4) Legal - Sole Trader

However the Hikamarket plugin, in Profile Tab -> Vendor Type, there are only two options
1) Business
2) Organization

So we are missing two options, Natural and Sole Trader.

I understand "Statutes = Articles of Association" so that's covered well on the KYC tab, however in the KYC tab we are missing the "proof of identity" which is used in ALL user types as follows:
1) Property: ProofOfIdentity on the Natural User Object
2) Property: LegalRepresentativeProofOfIdentity on the Legal User Object

Could the two person types that are missing be added please? - Then the KYC tab should be adjusted accordingly for each of the person types

Many thanks!

7 years 5 months ago #252818

Hi,

A natural person should just a buyer, MangoPay does not make the difference between buyers and sellers but it is written that the implementation should make that difference.
docs.mangopay.com/guide/marketplace

MANGOPAY do not distinguish buyers and sellers. They all are users through the solution so your application has to make the difference between them.

The "sole trader" has been added after the implement of our plugin ; If you need that "person type", we can add it into the plugin for the next release, sure !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 5 months ago #252922

Hi Jerome,

I understand that statement differently. I think what they mean is that Mangopay simply creates a wallet per user, regardless of their "person type", and then it is up to the application design who can sell or buy things.

In our case the application is Joomla+Hikashop. We are already classifying sellers as "Hikashop Vendors" and buyers as normal "Joomla/Hikashop users".

What Mangopay is asking us to do because of financial/legal reasons, is to identify each user according to the four "person types" they have defined. And then, depending on the amount of money they are going to payin and/or payout they will need to provide certain KYC documents.

KYC documents are not required only for sellers, please note if a user wants to payin (buy) more than 2,500 euros in a year he will need to comply with regular authentication KYC level. And provide the required KYC details for his person type.

Alternatively, if a seller is going to payout (sell) less than 1,000 euros per year he just needs light authentication and no KYC documents.

What I'm trying to say is that the "person type" is independent of the buyer/seller role. It is just a legal way of identifying who is doing the transaction ( and it could be a physical/natural person or a legal entity ).

As you can see the actions that the different person types can perform in Mangopay are the same:

A Natural User is a person whereas a legal user represents a business or an organisation. This natural user is able to:

process payments
transfer e-money between wallets
withdraw e-money from a wallet
create wallets, etc.

A Legal User represents a business or an organization whereas a natural user is a person. This legal user is able to:

process payments
transfer e-money between wallets
withdraw e-money from a wallet
create wallets, etc.

In my market both persons and legal entities will be able to sell stuff, that's why I need the four person types available for vendors in the Mangopay plugin. And then depending on how much they are going to sell per year (payout per year), they will have to provide certain KYC details and documents. I will decide who can sell in my Market by approving them as Vendors or not.

Think of eBay, you don't need to be registered as a Business, Organisation or Sole Trader to sell something. You can sell something as a normal person. You just need to tell eBay what person type you are so they can enforce their policies. That's what Mangopay want us to do, so for example if a seller who has been identified as natural person tries to payout more than 1,000 euros in a year and has not provided the required KYC details and docs to do so, then his payouts over 1,000 euros will be blocked.

So yes please, it will be great if you could update the Mangopay Hikamarket plugin to include the four person types defined by Mangopay and also update the KYC tab according to each person type.

All the details here: docs.mangopay.com/guide/kyc

Many thanks!!

7 years 5 months ago #252934

Hi,

Okay, I get your point.
I will see what I can do in the plugins but the current structure is based on the fact that all vendors are Legal Users ; so it will require some development and some test to allow the plugin to migrate a Legal User into a Natural User.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 5 months ago #253019

Thank you very much!

If you need help with the testing please let me know.

I'll wait for your news

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds