Product Image is rotated on mobile

• Thank you received: 7
7 years 5 months ago #253830

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38

On sell page using iphone 6 when i uploads a product image i am facing the issue with the image displayed after upload. If i select a image from gallery then it works fine but if i click a new picture from camera and upload it the preview image displayed is rotated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #253839

Hi,

Smartphone have camera and can save pictures ; but these pictures are all save in "landscape".
There are "EXIF" meta data stored in the JPEG in order to save the orientation of the smartphone.
So when the image is displayed by a compatible software, it read the EXIF information and rotate itself the image to look it right.

But the WEB is not compatible with EXIF meta data.
Once you will upload the image, the meta data will be removed and the image will be display in landscape (because it is how it has been saved).

Please note that your question is not related to HikaMarket but is related to HikaShop, or PHP GD (image library).
If you have any further question about that, I will suggest you to continue on existing topics in the HikaShop section of the forum which are talking about image rotation and PHP GD.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds