Is it possible to assign the same product to different vendors?

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 4 months ago #257383

-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2

Hi,

I have different vendors who are selling the exact same products and I would like to know if it is possible to assign the same product to different vendors? I don't want to create the same products over and over again.

This is what I want to achieve:
1. Create a category for each vendor. Each of this categories will have different access level
2. Create different vendors and select the correct category for each vendor
3. Create a product and assign it to all vendors and categories
4. Only the users with correct access level to have access to the vendor category and place an order.
5. After the order confirmation send an email to correct vendor

Thank you

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by lyran.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 4 months ago #257385

Hi,

One product is assign with one vendor only.

So you will have to create variants in order to have one product entry for each vendor.
You can use the "characteristic" vendor which is dedicated for that task and allow vendors to create their own variant for a product.

Otherwise, you can use the "vendor selection" feature of HikaMarket, using an "item custom field" (provided by HikaShop Business).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 4 months ago #257531

Hello Jerome,

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please tell me if it is possible to assign this new created variant product to different category and vendor?

Sorry I don't understand how can I use the "Vendor selection " feature to assign a product to different vendors?
I can see there is a vendor option under the "Custom Fields" section but I am only able to select one vendor. When I try to select more than one, it just replaces the existing one.

Jerome, could you please tell me what is the correct way of doing this?

1. I need to have different categories with different access levels.
2. Any product created needs to be assigned to all of these categories.
3. Finally an email needs to be sent to a specific administrator when a user makes a purchase from one of these categories.

For example if a user with correct access level makes a purchase from category 1 then an email needs to go to Administrator 1. If a user with correct access leve makes a purchases from category 2 then an email needs to be send to Administrator 2 ...

does this make sense? Is this something very complicated to do without creating new plugin from scratch?

7 years 4 months ago #257533

Hi,

1 - In HikaShop a variant do not have a category ; but a variant can be assigned manually to a vendor.

2 - If you take a look at that page in the demo website :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/product-page/with-form
You will see a product page with a form ; you can imagine that in that form, you will find a dropdown list where the user will be able to select any published vendor of the website.

3.1 - I'm afraid that I don't understand what you want to do.
3.2 - A product template allow to define a default configuration for new created products by vendors (not in the backend or by the "main vendor").
3.3 - I'm afraid that I don't understand what you're talking about.

Because I don't understand your message or what you want to do ; I have to guess that you're not want to use a classical multi-vendor/marketplace system.
So in that case ; I think the only way to achieve your goal would be to use a custom plugin (custom development) over HikaMarket to perform some overrides and dynamic vendor assignation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ctsVendorAttribution

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 4 months ago #257609

Thank you Jerome,

Jerome wrote: 2 - If you take a look at that page in the demo website :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/product-page/with-form
You will see a product page with a form ; you can imagine that in that form, you will find a dropdown list where the user will be able to select any published vendor of the website.

So if I understand correctly first I need to create characteristics, then based on these characteristics create a product variant which will force the user to select a vendor when they add a product to the cart?

In my case the users don't know which vendor they need to select. I need to select the vendor for them somehow based on the access level, but don't really know how I can do this?

7 years 4 months ago #257615

Hi,

That's exactly why I wrote in my previous message:

Because I don't understand your message or what you want to do ; I have to guess that you're not want to use a classical multi-vendor/marketplace system.
So in that case ; I think the only way to achieve your goal would be to use a custom plugin (custom development) over HikaMarket to perform some overrides and dynamic vendor assignation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ctsVendorAttribution

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds