6 years 7 months ago #277034

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi Hikashop

I would suggest that the checkout cart had the option to group products by vendor with shipping for each vendor vs. now where you have the cart with all products and then shipping block with shipping per vendor. Something like the attached image.

Right now, the shipping block already show images of the products bought at vendor so it seems to me that it's just some extend to this block, with product price, quantity selector, subtotal, etc.
Some kind of merge between show_block_cart.php and show_block_shipping.php I think.

I thinks my suggested cart view would make it so much more Hikamarket with multi vendor and multi shipping, instead of "just" a normal Hikashop cart.

Hope you see my point.

Best regards,

Henrik

.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by flexsus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277058

Hello,

HikaMarket do not modify the HikaShop checkout display.
For the "shipping per vendor", HikaMarket just create virtual warehouses for the different vendors and afterwards, it's just HikaShop which display the shipping methods for the different warehouses.
So using HikaMarket or the HikaShop warehouses will have the same display.

What you're asking with your screenshot is to have a new kind of module in HikaMarket in order to aggregate the cart and the shipping in the same place.
It would require a major modification in the HikaShop views in order to handle that ; and I'm afraid that your request is not related to HikaMarket but to the HikaShop checkout blocks themselves.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 7 months ago #277059

Hi,

We see what you mean but we didn't want to make the interface too complex for the customer and preferred to separate the shipping selection block from the cart details block, like most ecommerce websites do.
You can also have the blocks on different steps of your checkout so it might be friendlier that way.
Having a mega view combining both blocks would be possible but would require some work and then you would still need to allow for the blocks to be separated so, for now I think that it would be best done as a separate plugin that would add that extra block (like the user points plugin adds its own user points block to the checkout).
In fact, any PHP developer can add such extra block with the checkout API we provide here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#checkout

• Thank you received: 35
6 years 3 months ago #285342

Hi guys,
looking for learning well into HikaMarket before to beginto work on it, I haveto say that, by my point of view, the @flexsus approach suggestment appear to be more simple, not more complex.

Knowing how accurate is Nicolas on his answers, I'm too interested to understand why Nicolas say it could be more complex...

And, Please, Nicolas, What do you mean with "You can also have the blocks on different steps of your checkout so it might be friendlier that way" ?

6 years 3 months ago #285354

Hello,

The approach is far more complexe regarding development, interface and implementation.
Regarding a User experience point of view, it's hard to say precisely like that but it could make too much of information mixed in a long list ; which makes easier to skip important element during a checkout process.

Afterwards, like I wrote : it would require some custom development for such specific view.
And that is, due it development complexity, not something we want to add into HikaShop core.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 1 month ago #288439

Hi guys,
I'm looking to work with HikaMarket Multi Vendor with mode " Vendor paid directly " and solution 3 "activating the settings Show only vendor payments".

1 - In a situation like this one a view like @flexus suggested would be too useful. So, Please, Can you consider that on next releases ?
Nicolas suggested:

nicolas wrote: ...You can also have the blocks on different steps of your checkout so it might be friendlier that way.
Having a mega view combining both blocks would be possible but would require some work and then you would still need to allow for the blocks to be separated so, for now I think that it would be best done as a separate plugin that would add that extra block (like the user points plugin adds its own user points block to the checkout).
In fact, any PHP developer can add such extra block with the checkout API we provide here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#checkout

Sound interesting, Can you give us more informations about it ?

2 - Not only, to work in the mode "Vendor Paid directly" we should set the option: "Limit vendors in cart to One vendor".
Really a bad solution thinking to eCommerce statistics (like the ones by Amazon, all have to be friendly and quickly), should mean that customer have to repeat the Add to Cart a lot of times and then finalize the buy.
Why not, and, How to be able to add al the products in the Cart and in a view like the one suggested by @flexus, have a "Next" button for each Vendor / or be able to select one Vendor per time and process with the Shipment / Payment ?!?
At least have it in a first global "Cart" view layout, before to process and select Shipment/Payment and have the single Vendor Cart summary (before the confirmation).
Something to have a ""Limit vendors in checkout to One vendor" and not ""Limit vendors in cart to One vendor".

3 - Also the Wishlist view should be in the same "Cart" layout suggested by @flexus, divided per Vendor (and with the same graphic).
In this way the customer, when decide to move the product from Wishlist to Cart, have a clear situation about shipments/payments costs and it is pressed to move all the Wishlist products by a Vendor at the same time (knowing he will buy from a Vendor = 1 shipment, 1 payment)

6 years 1 month ago #288482

Hello,

1 - I don't know how to give you more details about that since Nicolas already explained the basis of what should be require to develop.
Please understand that Nicolas was talking about a custom development, in order to create a new kind of checkout block.

2 - Yes but no.
A cart is what is used by the checkout ; you can't not limit the vendors in the cart AND limit the vendors during the checkout ; it is the same exact restriction so one cannot come without the other.

3 - Wishlist do not come with shipping or other things like that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 1 month ago #288545

Hi Jerome,

1 - Ok, I'll take a look with developers

2 - Why not add a "Multi Cart" block in the Checkout Workflow configuration in the HikaMaraket Multi Vendor package ?
That "Multi Cart" will show all the Vendors Carts we filled up (like the @flexus suggestment) and give us the possibility to select the Cart we want to procces and going on with checkout. "A block that work like a "pre checkout" block."
In this way who want can add the "Mutli Cart" at the begin of the checkout.
Really too useful in a "Vendor paid directly" mode portal.
What do you think about ?

3 - Wishlist view, I mean:
A - Have the Wishlist divided, grouped per Vendor
B - a way to list it also by category / price would be too useful
C - in the same "Multi Cart" layout/graphic suggested (Cart block pre listed by Vendor)

6 years 1 month ago #288555

Hello,

2 - In order to do such kind of thing ; it would require a lot of development and there are several different possibilities of implementation ; each one have side effect and it's not possible to know which would be the best right now.

Let consider that you want to select the cart you want to process.
So it means that products are "redirected" when the customer ask to add a product and the "current" cart already have product from a different vendor.
So, it means that the "current" cart which will be display in the module are just one of the cart for one of the vendor.
So, when you will go in the checkout, by definition you will try to perform the checkout for the current cart.
The customer won't see the products of the other vendors and I don't see how you can provide an interface to select a cart for the checkout when you're already in the checkout ; nor to display several carts in one single HikaShop cart module.
By definition of the specifications ; we got important conflicts.
Which make the development, not possible for the moment ; unless better specifications are defined.

3.A - It's related to HikaShop views ; you can perform a view override if you want to change how the wishlist/cart are displayed.
But it's not possible for HikaMarket to override such view since it's acting as a plugin and is not performing view overrides.
3.B - It would be something related to HikaShop and not HikaMarket. Feel free to submit your feature request in the HikaShop section of the forum.
3.C - There is too much problematic and possible issues ; which make the request not possible. Please understand that multi-cart is a feature which allow the customer to create several carts, so the customer can organize them as he want without specific limitation of number of cart/wishlist. Having a lot of carts/wishlist will probably make the website crash since it requires some CPU & Memory to load a cart and process all its data (prices, shipping, payment, coupon, etc etc)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 1 month ago #289397

We see what you mean but we didn't want to make the interface too complex for the customer and preferred to separate the shipping selection block from the cart details block, like most ecommerce websites do.

But Hikashop with Hikamarket on top is not like most ecommerce, it's so much better!!! It is a Multi Vendor ecommerce ;) And that's not something most ecommerce is like. And that's why I use Hikashop/Hikamarket.

For now, I go with what's by design in Hikashop and Hikamarket regarding the check-out view. But I still hope that this would be a feature of Hikashop/Hikamarket some day. Otherwise I will get hold of a developer that can add this to my cart someday. The suggested view I made is so much more logical to me and my customers in a multi vendor ecommerce shop, I think.

I don't want to complex things up with Wishlist, Multi Cart, etc. I don't use any of this in my shop.

On the other hand, I was looking into back-end. And here you have Hikashop Orders, and you have Hikamarket sub-orders. In Hikamarket sub-orders you have all the information's and the split/view of all that was in this TotalCart/TotalOrder.
So is it not just a view on check-out of what is about to become future sub-orders?

The question is? Should you have a view like most ecommerce do?
Products>
Shipping>
Payments>

Or could you have an option to split check-out view in sub-orders, like I think a Multi Vendor ecommerce should?

Best regards,
Henrik

.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #289404

Hello,

The base of your assumption is unfortunately not the right one.
Your screenshot is the cart and not an order.
Since you do not have an order, you do not have sub orders.
For the rest, I already gave you my opinion in my previous message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds