Multiple date picker for vendor to display availabilities

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #282124

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : multiple date picker vendor - buyer

Hello,

Jerome, I continue our exchange here since the project is now clear and it can help others,
For those who have multi-vendor and want them to be able to display a calendar with the days they're available (to deliver/pick-up) for the buyer to choose, this is the topic.

On the vendor side:

• We need a multiple date picker, for him to pick the days (in the future) when he will be available.
  • Then a time range (multiple dropdown) for more precision on the moment of the day.

On the buyer side:
  • The buyer should be able to pick one day (single date picker//or multi but restricted to 1 day to pick), all the days that the vendor didn't picked will be not available (grayed out)
  • Then he will pick one value from the time range (converted to single dropdown//or restricted to only one) from the vendor as well.

The advanced date picker is not a multiple date picker, it is usefull for Hikashop but apparently not available for multi-vendor (vendor edition options)...

Best,

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ChristopheMG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #282131

Hello,

The "advanced date picker" is a plugin that I developed some years ago and which has been, at the end, integrated in HikaShop packages.
It provides a new kind of custom field using the "jquery ui datepicker" and that type of field can be used for every custom fields, including the vendor ones.

Now regarding your "multiple date picker" request, it's not something possible via the "advanced date picker" lib since the example you sent me was using another javascript library.

Regarding your global feature request ; I still can't validate your specification for an integration into HikaMarket since it's too specific and it does not feet to our requirements.
If you take a look at the plugin "Shop close hours" which is available via the HikaShop > System > Plugins interface ; you will see that the plugin interface is very simple with few settings. But the fact that you can create several "instances" allow you to define different ranges and gives a high flexibility in the settings.
I understand that this plugin is not the most user friendly one but it gives a very high flexibility so it can answer to the need of most users.
If the request is too specific and too restrictive ; it has to be made via a custom development.

I entirely understand what you want to achieve but I don't think that it will answer to the majority of the users ; it is too specific.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #282274

Hello Jerome,

The "Shop close hours" plugin could be a good temporary solution,
I checked in the Vendor Control Panel, then I found this topic:
www.hikashop.com/forum/23-market-how-to/...or-every-vendor.html

Unfortunately it looks like it's not ready yet...

Please let me know,

REgards,

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #282279

Hello,

Yes, as I wrote in the other thread, that feature is something in the TODO list but there are other tasks with a higher priority.
I talked about that way of implementation since it's something more flexible and something that we already think about for HikaMarket ; but for sure it requires development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds