Custom fields specific to Vendor?

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #298600

Is there a way to have custom fields that only show up for a specific vendor in checkout (and not others)?

We are using the latest versions of Hikashop and Hikamarket and have a few different vendors set up. In checkout, we would like to be able to show different questions/fields depending on which vendor has products in the cart.

Is this possible? If it is not an existing option, is there a way it could be custom coded? I realize we can restrict by user group, but I'm not sure we can accomplish what we are looking for that way.

Thank you,
Dustin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 5 months ago #298603

Hello,

Item/Product and order custom fields have some restrictions features ; you will find for example "products" and "categories" restrictions.
While HikaShop allows plugins to create new "field type", new "extra attributes" and new "display" blocks, there is no extension for the "restrictions" part.

But since you have a "categories" restrictions for the fields ; you can use the vendor categories in order to have your vendor restriction.
You can also use classical categories and mass action (or other) in order to add products into categories depending their product vendor id.

I think it would be the easier without the need of custom development (and modification in the core).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds