United States Postal Service (USPS) Module

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #35058

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I have turned off the shipping methods, all but the USPS module and when I go to checkout, it says •Please configure your payment methods •No payment methods found. I also turned off all the shipping modules, but then only the payment options show, no shipping. Is there something else I may be missing?

Thanks,

Cat'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 3 months ago #35063

Please follow our FAQ there regarding that problem:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

12 years 3 months ago #35084

Hello,

I checked the FAQ list you referenced and it seems that I have everything checked. The only thing I did change, which it did not suggest was to "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" and I switched that to If only one method is available. After that change, I then saw the payment methods but when I clicked to select a shipping type/rate, I get the error again about configuring the payment methods and that none were found. I really don't know what I'm missing. :( I really need for this module to work since I can't open my shop until it does. :(

Cat'

12 years 3 months ago #35116

Hi,

Based on what you're saying, you have that problem of the FAQ now:

When you select a currency or a shipping method in the options of the payment method, the payment method won't display unless that currency or shipping method is selected during the checkout. In most cases, these parameters shouldn't be selected so make sure they are unselected. To unselect them, you need to press the ctrl key and click on the selected currencies or shipping methods.

That's why the payment methods display or not based on the shipping method selected.

12 years 3 months ago #35122

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THAT DID IT! YOU GUYS ROCK! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

12 years 3 months ago #35377

Hello,

I just installed the USPS shipping module on another site and I kept getting a message that said, No Shipping Methods Available For Your Location. I racked my brain trying to figure out what I did wrong in the configuration and why I kept getting this message, especially when I configured it exactly like I did my first site. It was only when I filled out my actual billing address that the shipping options appeared and it caused me great confusion and made me think that I had something configured incorrectly on the site.

Then I thought, if I got confused, customers may get confused also and when they see the message pop up because if they haven't added a billing address, they may think that shipping is totally unavailable to them and not purchase any products. Is there a way to change this message to state, Please Provide Your Billing Address. Shipping options will show once address is given?

Thank You,

Cat'

PS: This module rocks and I'm so glad it was developed. It has saved me a lot of headache trying to figure all it this out myself. THANK YOU!

12 years 3 months ago #35408

Hi,

What you should do is either:
1. Not fill the main "zone" option of the plugin options. That way, you won't have any location restriction and it will always show.
2. Set the "main tax zone" option of the configuration to the zone you configured in the "zone" option of the shipping method. That way, before entering the address, it will be that zone which will be used and the shipping shipping won't display that error.
3. You could also change your check workflow option so that the address entering is before the shipping selection during the checkout.
4. Finally, you could also change that message as any text in HikaShop can be overridden:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

12 years 2 months ago #37254

When I go to your link the page is in French and I do not find any way to download the USPS shipping module - can you please provide an updated link to download the USPS Shipping module?
Thanks so much!

12 years 2 months ago #37377

Here is the latest version of the plugin:

www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...es/usps-20120101.zip

12 years 2 months ago #37510

I have the International option clicked, but international USPS shipping options do not appear when an address, for example in Australia, is selected. Any idea why?

12 years 2 months ago #37606

I just installed the USPS shipping module and I got an error, its located at the top of the parameters in the shipping method page

Warning: Attempt to modify property of non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 353

Warning: Attempt to modify property of non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 354

everything else looks fine, any suggestions as to what causes this?

12 years 2 months ago #37716

@kurtsnow:
I remember that the USPS plugin only handles one international shipping method. Maybe the method is not available for Australia ?

@outdoorsman:

The lines:
$elements->shipping_params->GROUP = true;
$elements->shipping_params->MACHINABLE=true;

should be remplaced by:
$element->shipping_params->GROUP = true;
$element->shipping_params->MACHINABLE=true;

in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php and that will remove the error.

12 years 2 months ago #38080

I have integrated this plug-in into my site and it seems to be working. However, the rates do not change regardless of how many products are in the cart. I have weights applied to each item. The site is at www.georgiaswimrig.com . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 years 2 months ago #38081

Well I am going totally nuts. Even after fixing my error I go to check out and it always tells me that no shipping method has been selected. I searched everywhere and I cant seem to find out why it is doing that. I am stuck once again with no shopping cart :(

12 years 2 months ago #38173

Hi,

Lindleman : are you using the latest version of the plugin that I posted above ? If not, you should update it. Did you set a weight and dimensions to your products ?

Outdoorsman : you have one of the problems mentioned in that FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
Please check each point and you should find your problem.

12 years 2 months ago #38175

I am using the latest version and have both dimensions and weights applied. Any other suggestions?

12 years 2 months ago #38235

I'm afraid I don't have another idea. That would require debugging.

Could you provide a back end and FTP access to your website so that we can look the problem ?

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 2 months ago #39135

Even better would be the ability to set a min/max for each USPS method. This would allow us to offer free parcel post on orders over $50, but still offer expedited methods (Priority, Express, etc) if the customer wants to pay the extra. This can be done now by establishing a Free shipping method with a minimum of $50 and no maximum in the USPS module, but the Parcel Post option still shows and is a little confusing.

Thanks
Matt

It's amazing how the omission of a semicolon can absolutely ruin an otherwise pleasant evening.

12 years 2 months ago #39257

The interface would start to get quite complex to setup in that case. What you should do is this:
create a copy of the plugin (you would have to edit it and change the name/type of the plugin everywhere it is used in the copy) so that you would have two USPS plugins. Then, setup one with some shipping methods and the other with the other shipping methods you need. That way you will be able to set a maximum independently.

The following user(s) said Thank You: spoonbow

12 years 2 months ago #39297

Lindleman wrote: I have integrated this plug-in into my site and it seems to be working. However, the rates do not change regardless of how many products are in the cart. I have weights applied to each item. The site is at www.georgiaswimrig.com . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I'm having this same problem. Any suggestions?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds