United States Postal Service (USPS) Module

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #39949

Hi Lindleman,

Were you able to find a solution to the issue you were having? I am having the same issue and can't seem to figure it out. Weights are all entered and correct, yet the price of shipping does not change regardless of how many products I have in my cart. Hope you've had better luck than me.

Cheers,
JK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #40677

No luck on this plugin. Has anyone got it working properly and updating the shipping costs?

12 years 1 month ago #40679

Nope. Can't seem to find out why it isn't working.

12 years 1 month ago #40942

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for creating this plugin!

As the creator, I'm hoping you might be able to shed some light on an issue I and two other users have had, but so far no one has been able to provide a solution.

The shipping charges aren't being updated when I increase the number of items (based on weight) in my cart. It just calculates the minimum for that shipping zone. I've been switched to the USPS production server and I've set all my weight variables to each product. I've checked everything over and over, and I can't figure it out.

Joomla 1.5.22
HikaShop 1.5.6
USPS Plugin

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

12 years 1 month ago #40993

Sorry to hear that.
I've racking my brain to figure it out too. May have to move on to another cart if I can't get this to work. I've attempted to contact the developer of the plugin on the forum and waiting to hear back. hopefully there will be a light at the end of the tunnel;-)

cheers

12 years 2 weeks ago #42563

Since Jeff seems to have abandoned this plugin, it sure would be nice if a Joomla developer could pick it up and see what can be done to fix it. I feel like it is something simple, but I could be wrong. The pricing still does not update regardless of weight or size.

Would be even nicer if the Hikashop developers could add this to their next release, since a lot of the work has already been accomplished. This would certainly help sell the Hikashop cart to USA folks.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 2 weeks ago #42700

We were hoping that someone would be able to maintain it.
We can, but we will first need to have a test account and the integration documentation before we can do that.

12 years 1 week ago #43380

I am having weird reactions from this module. I got my USPS username so overcome the # USPS error: 80040b1a Authorization failure problem but now here is what it does.
On the first visit to checkout it will tell me No shipping method found. I have tried this from both logged in status and from guest status. As a guest I create or log in - selected log in - Still tells me No shipping method found
I click edit on my shipping information, all is correct so I save again and it then tries to calculate shipping.

This module is currently useless in its current state, unless I am just doing something wrong. Is there any module we can use that works correctly? otherwise I am going to be forced to go with a whole new shopping cart. I got 18,000 products waiting to be listed and so far no complete working systems found

12 years 1 week ago #43504

Regarding the "No shipping method found" error, it's because of a restriction you set in the plugin. For example, if you set a restriction on the zone, it will only be displayed if the address of the uer is in that zone.

Here is a list of points you should check for that error:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

12 years 1 week ago #43529

I finally got it to show up but seems it wont update when multiple products are added. Price stays the same no matter what. Ill keep experimenting.

11 years 11 months ago #45533

Hi! I have a question about the tax category to use in my settings. Do I use the category for where I live?

11 years 11 months ago #45653

Yes. But It doesn't seem that the taxes are handled by the USPS plugin. It just gives the taxed shipping prices which are returned by USPS and the system considers that this price is not taxed so the shipping taxes do not appear in the taxes of the order/cart but are included in the shipping price.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #45757

Hello,

This plugin is working fine for me, when I add new products to the cart the shipping cost is updating.
So for anyone who had this problem :

- can you please tell me if you had correctly set up the weight/Lenght/Width/height of your product and how had you set it up ?
- and can you tell me how did you set your plugin (Screenshots without the "USPS WebTools User ID" and the "Post code") ? I suppose that your USPS WebTools User ID and Post code are correct.

I think that it would maybe help me to correct your bug.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 11 months ago #46128

I am trying to get the usps plugin to calculate properly. I have a product that weighs .72 pounds and it appears through testing that it is rounding down, causing my usps rate to be one lower than it should be when I have a quantity of 10 in the cart...

Here is the code:

foreach($order->products as $k => $product){
						if(!empty($product->cart_product_quantity) && !empty($product->product_weight)){
							$product_weight=(int)$weightClass->convert($product->product_weight,$product->product_weight_unit,'oz');
                                                        $package_weight+=($product_weight * $product->cart_product_quantity);
							if($package_weight>$maw_weight){
								$messages['items_weight_over_limit'] = JText::_('ITEMS_WEIGHT_TOO_BIG_FOR_SHIPPING_METHODS');
								return true;
							}
						}
					}

I know this sounds like a newbie question lol, but can I just change the (int) integer to a float statement? or will this adversely affect the main Hikashop routines? I am trying to avoid artificially raising the weights of my products.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Mike2001.

11 years 11 months ago #46130

You can yes.

Let us know how that goes.

11 years 11 months ago #46133

Thank you - you must be catching up because your response was quick!

Works like a charm. Here is the changed code for anyone else interested...

foreach($order->products as $k => $product){
						if(!empty($product->cart_product_quantity) && !empty($product->product_weight)){
							$product_weight=(float)$weightClass->convert($product->product_weight,$product->product_weight_unit,'oz');
                                                        $package_weight+=($product_weight * $product->cart_product_quantity);
							if($package_weight>$maw_weight){
								$messages['items_weight_over_limit'] = JText::_('ITEMS_WEIGHT_TOO_BIG_FOR_SHIPPING_METHODS');
								return true;
							}
						}
					}

That is for usps.php

I also changed the standard weight measurements to the following in system configuration(for use in the USA):

Modified for USPS plugin
Dimension symbols: in,ft,yd,m,dm,cm,mm
Weight symbols: lb,oz,ozt,kg,g,mg

Thanks again Nicolas...

11 years 10 months ago #48849

Hi, I just installed the USPS plugin and these are the errors that I am having.
1. My payment methods (Paypal and Google Checkout) are not picking up the USPS plugin and therefore it gives me the error "No payment methods found". When I go into the payment methods and click either of them, in the shipping methods box the USPS plugin doesn't show up so therefore I cannot select it.
2. Also, we do shipping out of the US and we want to be able to ship out of the country because we are getting a lot of requests from overseas. I am wondering if I am supposed to select United States for my zone or not?

3. Does the USPS plugin automatically calculate the different prices (in the checkout page) based on the customers address?

11 years 10 months ago #48872

1. Unselect the shipping methods in your payment plugins and the payment plugins will display regardless of the shipping method selected.

2. You should remove the USA from the zone restriction in your shipping method, otherwise, the USPS shipping methods won't display if the address is outside the USA.

3. yes.

11 years 10 months ago #50598

Okay, so after all this time (7 months), it appears no one is willing to adopt the USPS plugin developed for HikaShop - not even HikaShop. This is very disappointing to U.S. users. Even though most of the work on the plugin has already been done, still nothing.

First off I am not a developer, but pick things up quickly. Having scoured this thread over and over for answers to my problem, I have still come up dry. It appears that my problem is shared with several others on this thread, whom it would appear have also come to a dead end. The bug I am referring to is that the cost of shipping does not increase when the weight of multiple products is increased.

I have contacted the USPS Web Tools customer service people and they've assured me that I am on the production server and have all the access I need. I have checked and double checked my product weights and dimensions, triple checked the shipping settings, checked all variants, and back again. It's got to be in the code and probably something quite fixable.

Please, I beg of you. If there is anyone out there who is willing and can look into this plugin to see what might be causing this issue, you would truly be a Hero. If I had the developer skills, I'd go in and do it myself, however I'm a business owner at the mercy of those in the know, and it appears for time being that no one seems to know.

We love HikaShop and would hate the idea of having to go to another shopping cart over a buggy plugin. Our site cannot wait any longer.

Huge thanks in advance to that brave developer who can solve this mystery.

11 years 10 months ago #50599

Patty (not sure if that is your real name lol)

Regarding the bug: The bug I am referring to is that the cost of shipping does not increase when the weight of multiple products is increased.

I was able to fix this (i think it might have been from a different thread)

You need to change all your weights using the same measurement, I used lb.

Then change the Weight symbols in the configuration to this order: lb,oz,ozt,kg,g,mg

That made my USPS prices increase with weight. I am not sure that the dimensions logic can tell if you need a second box to ship the order.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds