Which Article Layout to use?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #4411

Attached is a screenshot re above post

File Attachment:

File Name: store-20110102.doc
File Size:452 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
13 years 3 months ago #4412

Again, if you use an old version of HikaShop I encourage you to update.

The mess on the listing page is because of a CSS issue. However, you should not have such problem with the default CSS. Please go in the config in the display tab and try to revert the front end CSS to the default one if you customized it to test if it works better. I can't tell you precisely what to do with CSS issues as I would have to access the website directly for that.

Also, with old versions of hikashop, the variants of products were unpublished by default, it might be why you don't see the dropdowns. Please go in your product's edition screen and click on the "manage variants" button. There, if the variants are unpublished, please publish them and it should work.

13 years 3 months ago #4468

Hi Nicolas

OK, getting there slowly :laugh: I have upgraded to the latest version 1.4.1, however I now have further issues.

On the Store page, all relevant catergories are displayed but underneath it states "Product listing for category listing menu 29" and "Hikashop Module"

When I click on a category, it lists two versions of all the applicable products (but all with a default image rather than the actual image). One list entitled Product listing for category listing menu 29 and one entitled Hikashop Module.

If I then click on a product, the only product info shown is one dropdown (for size) but doesn't recognise the colour variants and underneath this shows other products in the category, but no image etc for the actual product (and no variants for colour as saved)

I have attached screenshots re all of the above

Hope it makes sense!

File Attachment:

File Name: store-20110103.doc
File Size:876 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #4469

The "Product listing for category listing menu 29" and "Hikashop Module" are the title of your modules. There is an option to hide them if you edit the modules.
In old versions of HikaShop, that "display title" option wasn't working properly which is why you didn't see the titles even though the option was active.

Regarding the images, please check your products on the back end ? is the image displayed there ? If not, it's probably because of a problem during the update.
With version 1.4.1, we moved the components/com_hikashop/upload folder where the images are stored to media/com_hikashop/upload. Please check those folders and copy the images from the old to the new if you don't have them in the new folder. That should solve the problem.

Concerning the characteristics issue. That's because you first added one characteristic, then changed the variants and then added another characteristic to the main product. The problem is that the system isn't smart enought to deal with it and don't add automatically the variants. You should go in your product, click on the "manage variants" button, delete the variants, then go back to the product, delete the characteristics and save your product. Then, add the characteristics again and save. That will recreate the variants automatically.

13 years 3 months ago #4498

Hi Nicolas,

Ok,

I have recreated the variants and that has sorted that issue and the picture now displays on the product page. However the product title is showing as whatever the first variants in the drop down are for example "I'M A Big Brother T-Shirt Light Blue 0-6 months" rather than just "I'm A Big Brother.

Product Pictures still don't diplay in the product thumbnails. I have copied all relevant images to the media/com_hikashop/upload folder and the thumbnail folder.

I have now hidden the The "Product listing for category listing menu 29" and "Hikashop Module" titles. However, even though I have disabled Product listing for category listing menu 29, in the category pages I still have duplicate listings of products. See screenshot attached.

In each product, for some reason there are random products showing underneath the main product. Again see screenshot.

Finally, how do I set up the shopping cart for each listing?

I'm pretty sure I'l have more questions and want to thank you for your help so far

Regards

File Attachment:

File Name: store-20110104.doc
File Size:660 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #4499

The variant name is generated automatically based on the product characteristics values. You can toggle the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the config under the tab display to turn that off.

What is in your "Upload folder" option under the tab files of the config ? There, you will have the path to the image folder. Please make sure that it correspond to the folder where you ahve your images.

If you have duplicate listing of products, that's because you have two products listing modules displayed. Please go to the menu Display->Content modules and disable the one you don't want.

The random products in the product page are probably there because of the problem above. Please unpbulish the corresponding module and it won't display the products there.

"how do I set up the shopping cart for each listing" -> I don't understand your question.

13 years 3 months ago #4534

The variant name is generated automatically based on the product characteristics values. You can toggle the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the config under the tab display to turn that off.

I have resolved this issue, thanks

What is in your "Upload folder" option under the tab files of the config ? There, you will have the path to the image folder. Please make sure that it correspond to the folder where you ahve your images.

Under Files in the Hikashop config the Upload Folder is showing as media/com_hikashop/upload

If you have duplicate listing of products, that's because you have two products listing modules displayed. Please go to the menu Display->Content modules and disable the one you don't want.

I have disabled the "Product Listing 29 module" both in Content Modules and Joomla Module Manager but they both still display. What if I delete the module altogether?

The random products in the product page are probably there because of the problem above. Please unpbulish the corresponding module and it won't display the products there.

"how do I set up the shopping cart for each listing" -> I don't understand your question.

I have enabled the Add To Cart option for Hikashop Module and have enabled the Hikashop Cart Option but there is nothing displayed in the product listings to Add To Cart

13 years 3 months ago #4537

If the files are in the upload folder then the system will use them. Either you don't have the images set in the products or the files for the products are not there. As a last resort, you could add the images again to your products but could you check again that you correctly have the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload ?

You can delete all the product modules, then go in your category listing menu(s) and save them to recreate an associated products listing module. That should do it.

That's probably because you didn't do it in the good module. Please follow the advice above and then edit the only products listing module you will have and set the add to cart button option to yes. That should do it.

13 years 3 months ago #4539

If the files are in the upload folder then the system will use them. Either you don't have the images set in the products or the files for the products are not there. As a last resort, you could add the images again to your products but could you check again that you correctly have the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload ?

The images show in the product listings but not in the thumbnails

You can delete all the product modules, then go in your category listing menu(s) and save them to recreate an associated products listing module. That should do it.

I have deleted the product modules and recreated one but now no products show in the categories?

That's probably because you didn't do it in the good module. Please follow the advice above and then edit the only products listing module you will have and set the add to cart button option to yes. That should do it.

13 years 3 months ago #4540

The code to display the images in the products listing and the product page is the same. There is no reason for that to happen.

Did you created it by saving the category menu as I explained ? Otherwise, the module won't be asscciated to your categories listing menu.

13 years 3 months ago #4541

Not quite sure if I have done what this states. I have 6 categories saved. How do associate a product listing module with them?

13 years 3 months ago #4542

Not categories but categories listing menus. You can see all your categories listing menus in the menu Display->content menus. Once you deleted all your products modules, go there and edit each menu and save its options. The system will check for an associated product module and if none is found, it will display an error message with the possibility to create it in one click.

13 years 3 months ago #4544

Not categories but categories listing menus. You can see all your categories listing menus in the menu Display->content menus. Once you deleted all your products modules, go there and edit each menu and save its options. The system will check for an associated product module and if none is found, it will display an error message with the possibility to create it in one click.

OK, thats sorted that. Now appear to have two remaining issues. One being that the image shows in the product but not on the thumbnail (see attached doc) and the second being I cannot seem to get an Add To Cart option to appear in the listings

File Attachment:

File Name: store-20110105.doc
File Size:535 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #4545

In the upload folder you should have a thumbnails folder. Did you copy this one (and the thumbnails in it) as well to the new upload folder ? Otherwise, that would explain why you don't see the thumbnails.

Now that you have an associated products listing module, did you edit its options to toggle the add to cart button option in it ?

13 years 3 months ago #4548

There is a thumbnails folder in the upload folder with all applicable images in it.

In the product listings module I have enabled the add to cart button option.

I am a little lost now as to whhat is causing thse issues :unsure:

13 years 3 months ago #4550

I don't know. It works for other users. There is no reason it wouldn't work for you. I'm afraid that the only way we'll be able to help you is that you put your website online somewhere and give us access to it so that we can have a look at it.

13 years 3 months ago #4619

Hi Nicolas

Ok, I have resolved the imaging issue with the thumbnails. My only major issue now is with the shopping cart as it does not display anything in the product listings

I have the image and the chareteristics with all required variants in the drop downs, but no option to add to cart.

I have enabled the Hikashop Cart module and when I open a category it has a text line at the top saying "The cart is empty" but this is the only thing anywhere on the site that I can see that relates to a shopping cart.

Re some other small issues-

Is it possible to remove the "Display Results" text from the shop pages?

Is there an option to add a Back button or a form of Breadcrumbs within the shop?

File Attachment:

File Name: store-20110106.doc
File Size:547 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #4621

Did you activated the "catalogue mode" option in the configuration under the tab display ? That option removes all the add to cart buttons of the shop so that you can use the shop as a catalogue.

For the results display : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...81-uk-only.html#3307

HikaShop integrates with the standard joomla breadcrumb system. So you can just publish the joomla breadcrumb module and you will have your breadcrumb.

13 years 3 months ago #4625

Hi Nicolas

Yes it was in catalogue mode! Thanks.

Now re the shopping page when a customer adds to cart it doesn't specify what colour or size they have chosen, just what the product is.

Re the address details does it always default to Rhone France or can this be changed?

File Attachment:

File Name: store-20110106-2.doc
File Size:245 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #4626

That can be changed by activating the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the config under the tab display. You might need to update if you're using an old version of HikaShop as we added that option recently.

The custom address fields can be personnalized via the menu Display->Custom fields. There, you will be able to change their default value.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds