Guest checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #52444

Is it possible for the user to check out as a guest without "registering" in the started version of Hika Shop? This seems like pretty simple usability as most people do not want to register to buy something from a website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
11 years 10 months ago #52459

If you remove the "login" and "address" view from the checkout workflow, users won't have to enter any information.
However, if you still want to get the address and the email of the user during the checkout, that's only possible in the commercial editions by changing the "registration" option to "no registration" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nunonog

11 years 9 months ago #55662

Is it possible to offer the customer the alternativ of either purchasing without registration (as a guest) or to register and login (for returning customers)?

• Thank you received: 13064
11 years 9 months ago #55757

There is no option for that so far. You need to choose between one or the other.

11 years 2 months ago #88209

Changing registration to NO REGISTRATION doesn't change anything?
If i set to NO LOGIN, AND THEREFORE CANNOT LEAVE OUT ADDRESS, IT WILL JUST GO RIGHT TO PAYMENT..

I want user to NOT HAVE TO REGISTER, but to enter their shipping details - This seems so basic, why is it not possible????

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #88278

Hi,

www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...config.html#checkout

Registration : When this option is set to "no registration" the fields name, username, password and password verification from the HikaShop registration form will be removed and no Joomla user account will be created for the user on the website. When it is set to "simplified registration", those fields will also be removed but an account will be automatically created for the users and an email will be sent to him with his assigned username and password. When this option is set to registration, the users will have to register on the website during the checkout. This option is available in all commercial versions of HikaShop (since 1.3.7). On the starter edition only the registration mode is possible. Finally, please note that when you sell digital goods, the download of these goods is restricted to the users who bought the digital goods. In order to do that check HikaShop needs you to have user accounts for your users, which means that you will have to use either "registration" or "simplified registration"

No registration does not remove the address from the checkout. But the "address" step should be in your checkout workflow.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 2 months ago #88284

Is the Guest or Register ability on the roadmap to add? I have a few clients that need the ability.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #88393

If you need a guest checkout with the address of the customer, then you have to set the checkout steps with "login - address - ..." in the options of the checkout set it to "no registration", and if you wanted "no login".

By this way the customer will not be registered, and you have to edit the translation of the "Register" button to, for example, "Use this address".

Hope this will help you.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 2 months ago #88400

No I actually need a Login/Register OR Guest checkout on the same page, not one or the other :-)

11 years 2 months ago #88551

It's not available for the moment, but still on our TODO list.

10 years 10 months ago #106711

is this still not available? is there a way around it with custom user fields?

10 years 10 months ago #106772

Hi,

This last 3 months, we were working on other big features so we don't do anything on this.

Regards,

10 years 10 months ago #106781

this is such a standard feature, that had i known you wouldn't take the time to add it, or better yet, that you didn't have it to begin with, I'd have gone with another solution, as every other cart has it, and more importantly, the larger companies and sites have it.

you guys should take the day or week it would take to implement this and get it over with. it's been over a year with questions regarding this functionality, not just this one post.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by woochild. Reason: additional

10 years 10 months ago #106811

We have this on our TODO list, and we should start to work on it after the next release.
If you need it sooner, you can still ask to a third developer or post your request in the Commercial jobs section.
A team is very present in this part of the forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience encountered.

10 years 7 months ago #120132

Hi,

I just wanted to find out where the optional registration for visitors stands currently?

Is it being worked on yet, and if so, do you have a rough idea when it might be part of Hikashop?

Thanks,
Zoltan

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 7 months ago #120173

Hi Zoltan,

This is on our Development list and should be included in the next release, so in the coming weeks/months.

10 years 7 months ago #122005

As I understand it, an OPTIONAL guest registration upon checkout is not currently available. VERY glad to hear you're working on it, as this is rapidly becoming a problem with one of our hosting customers using Hikashop.

I have successfully configured Joomla user registration to activate accounts instantly, and am relying upon HikaShop's two-step purchase process to discourage automated orders being placed (This has been successful while we ran the store without requiring registration upon purchase, so I'm not terribly worried about that.)

By setting Joomla to instant account activation, we're avoiding the incredibly awkward interruption during ordering that Joomla's confirmation-link email interaction used to cause, but creating the user account during checkout is now a one-step process that occurs before purchase completion, so we'll could see an uptick of junk accounts created by spambots - even though the bots probably won't attempt to complete the second step in order to successfully place orders.

One thing I have verified is that HikaShop's member registration plugin and template seem to override Joomla's default registration form, which isn't much of a problem, except that the HikaShop template doesn't seem to support Joomla's built-in support for ReCaptcha.

Is there any way to make this happen? Though we haven't activated this configuration yet, we'd definitely like to take steps to avoid the creation of junk user accounts, which even a simple captcha is generally good at.

Also, is there any timeline yet on the optional registration-upon-purchase?

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 7 months ago #122029

Hi,

Like Nicolas said, it will be in the next release, in the coming weeks/months. We can't even give more precise information. Otherwise, Nicolas was tell it in the previous post.

About the ReCaptcha support, we have a ReCaptcha plugin which work in HikaShop so, it is supported.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MonkeyT

10 years 7 months ago #122032

Good to know. I'll check it out.

10 years 5 months ago #129784

Is there any update on the "guest checkout" option feature? :)

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by oxheadproductions.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds