Question about coupon restrictions

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5563

Hi there,

Currently trying out the free version of the software and pretty impressed so far.

Just looking at coupons and see that in this version I can't add any restrictions and that this is available in the commercial versions but I can't seem to find any detailed information about what restrictions you can apply.

I need to restrict the coupons to 1 use each - I will be allowing users to convert points from alpha user points into coupons to use with the store, as such wouldn't want them to use them more than once! And checking manually would be a nightmare!

If this feature is available, could you please specify which version, if not please consider this as a feature request!

Also, although I have noticed this discussed in a different post and it appears it's not available, I would like to be able to allocate coupons to specific users (I understand you could do this by adding the user to their own user group but would like to be able to just allocate via the coupon interface - for me I would not need to be able to select the user from a dropdown or selector, just a text box to enter their username would suffice.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
13 years 3 months ago #5564

Hi,

You can find the documentation on coupons restrictions on that page:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...rm.html#restrictions

As you point out, you can't actually restrict a coupon to one user directly. You have two alternatives:
1. create a special group for the user, as you said
2. set a specific coupon code that only the user knows and set a quota of 1 so that the coupon can only be used once

We want to build something to select a specific user in the access level. It will come. The ACL support is only there since 2 weeks and hikashop only 3 months... You will have to wait a bit :)
Your request is taken into account.

13 years 3 months ago #5565

Thanks - didn't manage to find that page.

Can I assume that the quota option is avaliable in the "essentials" product?

Quotas will suit my need ok - As you say give a unique code to the user (eg "wednjdkjeunefkn") that can only be used once but as an extra level of security the coupon per user would be good - but certainly no high priority.

Simon

• Thank you received: 13064
13 years 3 months ago #5566

Yes, the quota option is available in the essential version.

13 years 3 months ago #5567

Thanks for your help

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds