Feature request

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #5955

Hi!

A week ago I had some question concerning features of HikaShop for a presentation in my company. We are searching an e-commerce application that fits best our special demands. Thanks to the fast support HikaShop came to the latest choices and now we need to determine which shop to take.

The shop will be used in the context of one of our products (selling and management of software licenses), therefore we would like to know if your product complies with our requirements:

- we sell virtual goods (software licenses), shipping is not applicable

- does your product provide a well-defined API to develop custom plugins/modules

- does your product provide hookpoints for the execution of custom code, in particular after the successful checkout process

- ‘free’ licenses shall be handled like for-fee licenses, including “add to cart” and a pro forma invoice to be sent to the customer via mail

- payment options: at least with credit card, please also list other options

- does your product provide a history of acquired products/licenses and their validity period, and furthermore the possibility to automatically send a reminder X days before license expiration

- does your product support sending of newsletters to registered users

- does your product hold the ability to add custom webpages

- does your product provide the ability to access webshop internal variables such as user information from custom webpages

- does your product include a WYSIWYG editor for custom webpage creation

- does your product support a login required for product view and direct linking to product pages (from outside, evtl. with mandatory login)

- does your product support a credit points system (which can be used to buy licenses)

- does your product support a voucher system

- does your product offer a webservice interface

If some of this points are only fulfilld by the buisness edition it's not a problem, we are willed to pay for a good application.

Thanks in anticipation & best regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 2 months ago #5984

Hi,

1. You can sell virtual goods with hikashop.

2. Yes: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...r-documentation.html

3. Yes, see point 2

4. That will be possible with next version which will be released tomorrow.

5. HikaShop integrates with PayPal and moneybookers for worldwide transactions, authorize.net (USA) and BluPaid (Europe). All these payment methods allow credit cards transactions among other means of payments

6. HikaShop handles the payment of goods not licenses validity periods or remainders. That should be handled on your end since it must be specific to your software.

7. You can send newsletters using our integration with AcyMailing, the best newsletter application for Joomla.

8. You can create custom webpages with Joomla on which HikaShop runs.

9. There is no such things, however, there are loads of extensions for joomla to do all and everything you can see on internet. You can for example include modules into joomla article to display specific user information in it.

10. Joomla can integrate with a lot of different WYSIWYG editors and comes with one by default. HikaShop can also integrate with them.

11. Yes. Joomla provides a user login/registration system and HikaShop integrates with it.

12. There is no credit points in HikaShop but there is a coupon feature to create coupon which can then be used to lower the price of an order.

13. Ah, you're probably talking about the coupon feature.

14. Web service is quite vague. Joomla has a xmlrpc layer included in it as well as rss feeds for articles, but HikaShop doesn't.

13 years 2 months ago #6041

Thanks for the reply but I have one more question at the moment concerning HikaShop:

6 (licence-periode): I mean a kind of order-history: If a costumer buys a good (in our case a licence) the product and time is saved in the database so we (and the customer in the frontend) see(s) when the licence expires and an e-mail can be send to remind the costumer e.g. 30 days before expire date (could be done with cronjob and db-query). Maybe something exactly like this is not available out-of-the-box but is this easy to implement? I know: possible is everything, it's only a question of time and competence ^^ I think the most important point is the order-history.

Maybe I annoy you: Is the new version yet available or at the evening (GMT+1)? I'll install and try the new version as soon as possible because a decision which shop-system to use has to be made end of this week.

Best regards

13 years 2 months ago #6044

The creation date of the order as well as the list of the products in the order is indeed saved in the database.
You could of course create a small cron script to retrieve that via a SQL query ( it should be quite easy, it's just a one left join query ) and then sent it to the customer of the order. You could even create a acymailing plugin for that so that it's nicely integrated with it. They have a documentation regarding the creation of plugins on their website: www.acyba.com/fr/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

We released the new version few hours ago.

13 years 2 months ago #6048

we sell virtual goods (software licenses), shipping is not applicable

answer

You can sell virtual goods with hikashop.

www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...re-only-version.html

This point I made in a earlier forum post, you realise people who sell download products and psychical are two different business models. The psychical good seller does not want download features and the download seller does not want shipping features because they selling different products.

Consider if you are using hikashop for this website how often do you use those shipping features?

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Marga.

13 years 2 months ago #6050

I don't understand your point Marga. Even if you don't use the macro features of Word (or even if you don't use Excel), you are still installing Office on your computer to open your .doc files and write letters. "Who can do more can do less"
We can't split HikaShop in 20 packages because everyone want different things from it and don't want to see the rest they don't need. Some users will want to use HikaShop only for the checkout, some others will use it only for the listing of products, etc...
What we will do in the future though will be to have an interface to restrict the usage of parts of HikaShop by user groups with ACLs. That way, you're be able to hide the shipping stuff if you don't use it for example.

13 years 2 months ago #6057

Your doing a fantastic job hika shop!

One of biggest problem with virtuemart is it has too many features

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/shopping-cart/129

You have to look at the JED reviews on virtuemart and they pretty much say the same thing

I know I'll be hated on for saying so... but in most cases Virtuemart is just too much. I appreciate detail as much as the rest of you probably do, but there seems to be a gap between "hard-core" sellers & "I want to sell this one t-shirt" types. Since the developers obviously have the technology - ever think about publishing a "virtuemart light"? Besides the sure mass of fields to fill in, a good product. If you want to sell on a daily basis - no doubt, this is the way to go.

you realise I was just trying to be helpful.

13 years 2 months ago #6059

Yes. It's not sure yet but we will probably develop some external components to HikaShop. For example, we didn't write a newsletter part into HikaShop like other carts but we developed a strong integration with AcyMailing which handles more than what we could do in a cart extension.
It's not decided yet but things like multi vendor will probably be in a separate extension as most users really don't need it.

Also the problem is not the number of features but the way in which you present them to the user so that it's not confusing. There are still a lot of improvements to do in HikaShop for that so that first comers won't have to search for options all around. We might think of a "simplified mode" in the future also, for for now the priority is to improve hikashop where it's lacking features and integrations with other applications/services.

13 years 2 months ago #6068

Hi Nicolas :)
I think you guys are fantastic!
Any extensions and developer team deserves to be the best is you guys!

Many Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #6070

Thank you :blush:

13 years 2 months ago #6081

Could u direct me to documentation on acymailing integration? Can't seem to locate it.

13 years 2 months ago #6082

We didn't write it yet actually :)

It's quite easy though as it's a normal acymailing plugin. It adds new filters and new tags to acymailing. It's more or less the same as the virtuemart plugin that AcyMailing provides:
www.acyba.com/fr/support/documentation/1...art-integration.html

13 years 1 month ago #6635

How many products can HikaShop hold and what forms of file uploads can it handle?
Thanks!!!

13 years 1 month ago #6657

There is no limit. We test it with several 10s of thousand products on our end without slowdowns. Then, it depends on your hosting company limitations on resources...
It handles normal file uploads using inputs of type file: www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_file_upload.asp

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds