HikaShop - HikaMarket & mobile Apps

• Thank you received: 35
11 years 7 months ago #64896

Looking to have a simple way to build Mobile Apps from my joomla+HikaShop/HikaMarket sites,
why not have a weever extension compatibility ?

here an open ticket on weever:
support.weeverapps.com/entries/22007608-...-and-next-hikamarket

Many Thanks
PS They have an OpenAPI at developers.weeverapps.com

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
11 years 7 months ago #65015

Hi,

We don't support Weever at the moment. I can see that they offered you to potentially build such integration so if you want it, I would recommend to talk further with them.
We don't know much about Weever technology on our end and they already know really well joomla extensions development so it will be for them to develop such integration than for us.

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 5 months ago #75085

I have been following this post and controlling frequently as well as weever ticket too.

Today i get a response in that ticket at weever, here it is:

Steve McBride
We can do this integration for approximately $15,000-$25,000

I'm more pointed towards a custom app than a responsive website in the latest months studying about it.
The way you interact with a mobile device is way too much different than the way you do it on desktops and sometimes i just think that make a one-size-fits-all ecommerce website could be very difficult to manage for normal people non-programmers.

at euromarnautica.com (the website i'm managing right now) we begin to think about possible integration with some app creator (like weever) for the next year (we still need to populate the full catalog and activate/test the cart stuff) but we can't afford that 15-20K price tag and i think we won't any time soon, but when we were considering prestashop it was primarily because their mobile app offer.

They prices for an app on PS Mobile are around 600€ yearly, it could be very nice if we can create a sort of crowdfunding team to make an app bridge for Hikashop, i know that this is not the simplest thing on earth and the price for the bridge development is not that exagerated considering the work that it means.

I hope to see more people here around, my knowledge about how an app for Hikashop should work is still blurry but i think everybody can imagine what a great possibility is this one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

11 years 5 months ago #75087

Thanks for the feedback.

We don't have that kind of budget either so a crowdfunded team would indeed be necessary. We would first need to see if we could have enough persons interested by that and what kind of application everyone would be interested in.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 5 months ago #75089

Nice to know it, as i told before, this is something that have to be undertaken very consciously because a mistake here could turn into 20K$ blown away.

Let's see what happens in the nest years, i'm curious to hear from you developers what could be the most difficult and risky issues on a project like this.

11 years 5 months ago #75094

The biggest risk is to fund an app development for something people don't want/need and blow away $20K as you say.
And if you hope to eventually fund a large part of such project and recoup your costs by selling it, you will need to make sure that there is a market for it before.

From what I can see for now, I don't see why someone would want to install an app on his smartphone to be able to browse a listing of my products. I think it would be more natural to simply go to the website, so pushing for responsiveness would be better than an app for such user case from my point of view.
But maybe it would be interesting for store management ?

What do others think ?

11 years 5 months ago #75108

Hi to all,
in first I'm too glad see that discussion started :)
then I hope that I can be a good omen! :) ...as for this discussion I started:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...hika-multi-shop.html
today its name is Hika Market! www.hikashop.com/en/forum/19-hikamarket/...ikamarket-beta-.html
Do you rememebr Nicolas?
The bad news for you is that I started more than two discussions! ...Be careful!

Now, about mobile applications, we know on the net all depend on speed! = How much time we need to be ready / What there will be in that time ?
My opinion is that for the 2014 all will be around a browser (google chrome teach). So, for example, now there is Chrome browser on Android 4.2, in 2014 there will be Android (telephone features) on Chrome browser.
But, the speech is another:

So, what I think is that Applications are not the future, But, unfortunately, are the present, a must for us...and... we are already late!
Nicolas, I understood you "are in contact" with Seblod team. I think the best thing is to find an unique solution together with Seblod for a No Limits app solution!

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by joomleb.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #102315

I may have good news on this topic! We are getting ready to launch a new framework for Weever Apps that will allow easier integrations for extensions like Hikashop. I am wondering if anyone has an idea of how many sites are using Hikashop?

The following user(s) said Thank You: FidelGonzales

10 years 11 months ago #102361

Several tens of thousands.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #274416

Hi,

I have 10+ years of experience as a Website and mobile application development.

Please check our hikashop application ready.

Andriod:- play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harmis.joomapp&hl=en
itunes:- itunes.apple.com/in/app/harmis-hika/id1207239203?mt=8

Buy it from here :- www.harmistechnology.com/hjoomapp/our-pr...roduct/Harmis-&-Hika

contact at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards,
Hardik Mistry

6 years 8 months ago #274562

Hi Hardik Mistry,
very good !!!

On your page I cannot find any guide/documentation about the App, Please
- Do you have anything to understand how the App works ?
- Is it running with HikaMarket Multi-Vendor ?

We were looking for a developer who help us on developing it using JoomGap
Do you know it ?

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by joomleb.

6 years 8 months ago #274563

Hello,

We are installing API component your site, we are uploading in your apple store and play store account after change the logo, package name as per you want there.

My team doing complete integration same as per demo set there. If you want customization in design than send me the list we are give you quote for that.

This is native code, iOs in swift and android in java. We are not provide code , we are do the customization as per you want and upload there. Every thing manage from the Hikashop component.

Regards,
Hardik Mistry

2 years 7 months ago #335187

Dear Sir,
I am writing to inform you we can design an application for hikashop for both for IOS and Android with a great support and service, if you are interested, I can send the company info plus the CV and other work experience to you.
I hope we can have a good cooperation.
waiting for your reply.
Best Regards
Pooneh Kohi

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds