Feature Request - Fast Edit for: Price & Quantity

• Thank you received: 5
11 years 3 months ago #85326

I have thought about mentioning this for quite some time...At least a year now, and I wonder how come as it should be very easy to implement.

With "products" Once a product has been entered, with Brand, Categories, Title, Description and Images the really only other thing that is a "constant change" would be:

Quantity & Price

Quite a few of busnesses also have Real Store Fronts that they sell from also..not online Online sales.

In order to do it now MANUALLY, one has to get to the proper "Products" > Category where the items are listed.

Instead of then having to click on the item and open the WHOLE page, I feel it would rather simple to implement and make the Price & Quantity fields in the display able to edit and save right there.

I can write a custom script for anyone who could use something like price or quantity change or other things needed if interested, but they will be not integrated into the Hikashop core.

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by IamJim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #85381

Hi,

I think it could be a nice feature. Change the price and quantity in the product listing.
Added to the TODO list.

5 years 5 months ago #300637

Did anything like this ever get released?

My client has to update prices on a regular basis (due to fluctuating exchange rates) and it would be good to be able to do it directly on the product listing table in the back-end where you can filter what you want to edit.

Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by serbofleconcepts.

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 5 months ago #300638

Hi,

You can't do it through the listing of products. However, we've added such capability to the mass action system.
If you create a product mass action with a "display the results" action (and select the appropriate columns and filters you want if any), you'll get a listing of the products and you can double click on the cells of that table in order to edit the information in it.
That way, you can easily edit the quantity/price of a bunch of products from the listing of these products.
Note also that with mass actions you can also add stock to a bunch of products at once, or modify the price of a bunch of products at once.

5 years 5 months ago #300689

Thanks. I've used mass actions but I can't seem to find the products table to select the price column?

These are the options I've got;

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 5 months ago #300691

Hello,

For a start, you need to publish the "product" plugin for the mass actions.
Then you will be able to interact with products within a mass action.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 5 months ago #300722

Thanks Jerome. I wonder how it got unpublished as I had some exiting actions on there which used the products table and they were blank too (now I know why).

OK, so it's all working OK, but I have a couple of queries;

1. what is the difference between the product_sort_price and the price_value fields, as some of them are showing different values for the same product?

2. Why does the price_value field show 16.65833 as it's value but the admin product page shows 16.66?

Thanks for your help with this.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 5 months ago #300724

Hello,

product_sort_price is a generated value based on the prices/discounts/etc to allow a fast sorting on products in listings.

The price_value is 5 digits after the comma and the price value is without taxes (except if you're in floating tax mode).
The prices are rounded for the display but if you edit a price in the backend, you will see the price with all its digits.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds