Redirect after login to download a file purchase

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #85673

I'm using the free edition for our Project (UK charity) in which we sell digital versions of our Newsletter. The purchase path is working ok and the customer gets an email with a link to the file.
However when the customer clicks the link they are asked to login to our site, which is fine. However once they have logged in the file downloads, again perfectly fine. However the login form stays on the screen as if they haven't completed the login. If I set a redirect path in the login form menu item the customer is redirected after login but then doesn't get the download unless they click the link again whilst still being logged in.

As an aside, is there a module to show a list of purchases that a user has made?

Thanks for your help
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 3 months ago #85734

That's the way the browser handle the download of files. You stay on the page you came from when the download starts. I don't see a way of changing that unfortunately.

If you want to display a listing of the orders of the user, you can create a menu item of the type "hikashop order listing" via the joomla menu manager and that menu item will display a listing of the orders of the user.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #85776

Thanks for the tips folks.

Dave

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds