Skip to main content

Email address already used

More
12 years 4 months ago #154632 by Mat
HikaShop Business: 2.3.0

Hi,

I tested my site all the time using my own email address. I have also seen that this error can be removed.

Can I get the code and where to edit so that I can re-use email addresses?

Thanks,

Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #154681 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Email address already used
Hi,

What do you mean by "re-use email addresses" ?
When checking out, you want that customer can re-order with an already used email address ?

If it is, the checkout must be set as Guest checkout, and then customers can order many times with the same email address.
But the addresses already registered cannot be re-used.
To remove the message when an already registered email address is used, you will have to edit the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php", function "register()", code:
Code:
if(@$userInDB->user_cms_id){ JError::raiseWarning('', JText::_('EMAIL_ADDRESS_ALREADY_USED')); return false; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #154809 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Email address already used
That's fine - most of our users don't want to log in to the site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #154954 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Email address already used
OK everything is almost working again.

In my template I put the logged in user name on the screen however after using the checkout it seems to be able to display the name of the user without them actually logging in.

It must be a joomla thing I don't understand but I also don't want this to occur. How can I fix this?

www.nswnationals.org.au/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #154987 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Email address already used
Hi,

The guest checkout does not allow you to be used with an address which already have a Joomla account.
Bypassing this rule will generate bad side effects.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158874 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Email address already used
I need to have people buy from the cart without registering in any fashion please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158875 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Email address already used

Xavier wrote: Hi,

What do you mean by "re-use email addresses" ?
When checking out, you want that customer can re-order with an already used email address ?

If it is, the checkout must be set as Guest checkout, and then customers can order many times with the same email address.
But the addresses already registered cannot be re-used.
To remove the message when an already registered email address is used, you will have to edit the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php", function "register()", code:

Code:
if(@$userInDB->user_cms_id){ JError::raiseWarning('', JText::_('EMAIL_ADDRESS_ALREADY_USED')); return false; }


But the addresses already registered cannot be re-used. (I need a fix for this please.) Why not let people just reenter their information if that is what they want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158931 by Rokell
Replied by Rokell on topic Email address already used
Hi,
I'm having the same problem here. My old website used Virtuemart and I imported all clients (more than 4000). To make life easier I didn't use Joomla registration with Virtuemart. A returning customer had to go through the address fields over again. It was no problem in Virtuemart to use the same mail address over and over again.
Now I imported all orders from Virtuemart to HikaShop and none of my returning customers can use their mail addresses to place an order.
What to do? It looks like I have to delete all old Virtuemart orders and start from scratch. I really don't want to do that!
Best
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158932 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Email address already used
Hi,

Removing the previously given code should allow to re-use the same email address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #159118 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Email address already used
Yes but it does do some wierd stuff and makes it look like I am logged in but I'm not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #159192 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Email address already used

Rokell wrote: Hi,
I'm having the same problem here. My old website used Virtuemart and I imported all clients (more than 4000). To make life easier I didn't use Joomla registration with Virtuemart. A returning customer had to go through the address fields over again. It was no problem in Virtuemart to use the same mail address over and over again.
Now I imported all orders from Virtuemart to HikaShop and none of my returning customers can use their mail addresses to place an order.
What to do? It looks like I have to delete all old Virtuemart orders and start from scratch. I really don't want to do that!
Best
Roger

Hi Rokell,

The error occured only when you want to make a new order in guest checkout and the Joomla user with the exact email address already exists.
It has no impact with the order you imported from Virtuemart.

Regards,

Mat wrote: Yes but it does do some wierd stuff and makes it look like I am logged in but I'm not.

Hi Mat,

If you use a Joomla account, you can log-in.
If you use a guest account, you can't log-in ; there is no password.
So, I have trouble to understand the problem you got.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rokell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum