Can HikaShop do this?

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 4 months ago #180730

Hi
The store I am looking to setup requires some particular option due some large products we require to ship.

If the weight is over 20kg we require the checkout to be a quote only so the shipping can be worked out. Once the shipping is worked out, the amount needs to be added to the order and payment changed to a credit card and then the client can login and complete there order.

Can anyone please confirm this can be done in HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
9 years 4 months ago #180771

As far as I know, Hikashop has no quotation mode.
But there is an option to allow customer to pay the order later.
You can create shipping method "Ask for Quote" for orders over 20kg, assign bank transfer payment method with no payment information, but explanation of process, to this shipping method.
This allows customer to finish checkout without option to pay for order. Then you can calculate shipping cost, adjust order, change payment method

• Thank you received: 13064
9 years 4 months ago #180792

Hi,

As korzo said it can be done with HikaShop yes. Here are a bit more details on how to do it:
You will need to first configure the weight in your products.
Then, in your payment methods you need to configure a "maximum weight" restriction of 20kg so that they only display when the weight of the cart is below 20kg.
Then, you need to create a new payment method "collect on delivery" and rename it to "quote" or something like that.
Finally, you want to turn on the option "Payment of orders not paid immediately" of the configuration so that the customers will be able to pay their orders from their order history after you add their shipping and notification them back.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomlavi

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 4 months ago #180869

Thanks that was the information I was looking for.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds