9 years 4 months ago #183707

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

Hi
I keep getting 504 Gateway Time out errors while working on the site and this was the response I got from my Hosting Service Provider

There is currently a large amount of disk usage on the server being consumed by the MySQL service. There are currently
some huge processes trying to go through;

| 4238614 | xi_user | localhost | xi_db | Query | 686 | Sending data | INSERT IGNORE INTO xi_hikashop_product
(product_code, product_parent_id, product_created, product_modified, product_hit, product_last_seen_date, product_name,
product_description, product_quantity, product_published, product_sale_start, product_sale_end, product_delay_id,
product_tax_id, product_type, product_vendor_id, product_manufacturer_id, product_url, product_weight, product_keywords,
product_weight_unit, product_meta_description, product_dimension_unit, product_width, product_length, product_height,
product_max_per_order, product_access, product_group_after_purchase, product_min_per_order, product_contact,
product_sales, product_waitlist, product_layout, product_average_score, product_total_vote, product_page_title,
product_alias, product_price_percentage, product_canonical, product_msrp, product_display_quantity_field,
product_warehouse_id, product_quantity_layout, occupation) SELECT CONCAT(p.product_code, '_', c0.characteristic_id) AS
c_product_code, p.product_id, 1418829594, 1418829594, 0, 0, product_name, product_description, product_quantity,
product_published, product_sale_start, product_sale_end, product_delay_id, product_tax_id, product_type,
product_vendor_id, product_manufacturer_id, product_url, product_weight, product_keywords, product_weight_unit,
product_meta_description, product_dimension_unit, product_width, product_length, product_height, product_max_per_order,
product_access, product_group_after_purchase, product_min_per_order, product_contact, product_sales, product_waitlist,
product_layout, product_average_score, product_total_vote, product_page_title, product_alias, product_price_percentage,
product_canonical, product_msrp, product_display_quantity_field, product_warehouse_id, product_quantity_layout,
occupation FROM xi_hikashop_product AS p, xi_hikashop_characteristic AS c0 WHERE p.product_id IN
(928,927,926,10769,10770,10771,10772,10773,10774,10775,10776,10777,10778,10779,10780,10781,10782,10783,10784

I have cut this process short, as it is quite lengthy, but I hope this gives you some idea. As the VM you have only has
2G of ram, it will struggle to perform these tasks and will slow down and cause scripts to take longer to complete, ie
the exceeding of 90 seconds and causing the server to error.

I would advise to take a look at these processes and see if they can be optimised.

The process I was trying to acheive was to move a product into a different category and add it to a couple more. Not something I thought was out of the ordinary or used a vast amount of resources to process.

Are the time out errors being generated by hikashop or could there be another reason?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #183714

Hi,

The SQL you posted is the variant creation query. It means that you're using the "variant auto fill" option.
Would it be possible to have more details about the products listed in the query ?
What is the type of the product with id "928" ?

The function "updateCharacteristics" when the option "variant auto fill" is activated will dynamically generate/duplicate the variants when a characteristic is added or when a characteristic value is added.
Regarding the list of product_id in the query, I think that you're editing a product with a large amount of variants and it could be very very resource consuming.

I rewrite the all function in order to optimize it ; but the all system is not made to handle products with hundred or thousand of variants on small servers ; managing such big number of products in the same time require a lot of resources (RAM and CPU) ; that's why we do not recommend to use too much characteristics on products or to deactivate the "variant auto fill" setting to manage yourself the variants you want.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 4 months ago #183795

Thanks Jerome
I cannot find the product with id "928" in the backend - the nearest product id to it (923) had a charactersitic with "no values found" (see attachment).
Am just wondering as the site has been updated from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3 and the Hikashop has also been updated whether the database has not been populated correctly with the characteristics.
It has got to the point where the site is becoming unusable whenever I navigate to Hikashop in the backend.

Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #183797

Hi Jerome
I have looked in the database and there are 183,145 rows in the variant table. I'm presuming that this is the problem and why the server is timing out.
There are also 339 characteristics which the client has created so maybe I will need to educate him on how to do it properly!
Thanks for your help with this and for helping pinpoint the problem!

9 years 4 months ago #183807

Hi,

You're welcome !
I'm glad that you found the source of the issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #185561

Hi Jerome

Just another problem related to the above.

The variants are not being generated automatically now so the site is operational however due to the fact that they were being generated automatically the size of the database has grown substantially (it is now 400MB with 2million plus products!!!!)

Was just wondering if there was an easy way to filter out the variants from the database and leave the master products and characteristics intact??

9 years 3 months ago #185563

Hi,

In the database, there is a column "product_type" and a column "product_parent_id".
The "product_type" is set to "variant" if the product is a variant ; the column "product_parent_id" will also have the value of the main product (and will be set to "0" otherwise).
Thanks to that, you can delete all variants in your database or you can delete all variants for one single product.

Because a variant will also have some references in the table "#__hikashop_variant" and could have some data in the tables "product", "price", "related", etc.. It could be easier to use a "mass action" in order to delete these unwanted variants and not work directly in the database.
In all cases, making a backup of the database before touching anything is primordial.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #186435

Hi

I am experiencing the exact same thing for a friend
He has 4 products and 2 characteristics (with 4 & 11 options). Only one characteristic is used pr product.

That gives him 147.000 rows in #__hikashop_variant and 414.000 rows in #__hikashop_products.
His shop is not live yet and he is experimenting with the characteristics, but this is with default settings.

As far as I can see, HS doesn't delete old variants when deleting them? I'd call that a bug. :)
HS needs some way to deal or enlighten us. Maybe the "check db function" can clean up/verify the integrity of the tables (or at least those tables)?

Edit: Forgot to say this is with HS Business version 2.3.5

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by cgonline.

9 years 3 months ago #186445

Hi,

As far as I can see, HS doesn't delete old variants when deleting them?

When deleting what ?
Please provide more details ; their is maybe a bug but I need to understand it if you want me to fix it :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #186542

Hi again

Sorry for being unclear. This should replicate it:
1. Create a set of characteristics.
2. Then attach it to a product from within the edit product page -> save
3. Change some characteristics from within the edit product page -> save
4. Go in to edit product page and delete the set -> save

Keep an eye on the db - The entries are still in #__hs_products as variants and still got the mapping...
We did quite some testing with that feature, but it blows my mind that it could generate THAT many entries that it did. (simple math says it should've been attached 39.000 times so I guess it's twofold; A bug in the generation of variants somewhere AND variants not being deleted).

9 years 3 months ago #186556

Hi,

I am sorry but I can't reproduce your issue using HikaShop 2.3.5 with the option "Generate variants automatically" configure to "yes" (Main > Advanced settings).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds