Implementing HS nex to a living website.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 months ago #188312

-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no errors

Hi,

I need some info on an implementation I'm thinking about. There is this site on Joomla. My customer wants a shop. I'd rather not mix the site with the shop. My question is - to what extent is it going to be flexible to leave the site as it is, copy it, clean it out of data (so that the template is the same) and add HikaShop to it? Do you think it will be easy to bridge products from the current site - which is sort of a catalog) to this new copy with HS? Come to think of it, it will be bridging from Hika to the current site.

Any extensions currently available to have it done the easy way?

Any tips?

Thanks,

Milo

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by MiloW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 2 months ago #188320

Hi,

I don't think you have to duplicate the site, just creating HikaShop menus should be enough.
At first time restrict the access to these menus to a specific user group not display it to everybody.

This way, the original website will looked as unchanged. If you really want to duplicate, it is still possible but will require more time.

Regarding the products, it depend how they are formatted. If you can export them as csv so you will then just have to manage it to fit the HikaShop requirements. Here is some documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hikashop-import.html

9 years 2 months ago #188476

Thanks. And what do you think about bridging products?
Will I be able to use some module in the existing site to link to the shop site?
Two local Joomlas together?

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 2 months ago #188512

Hi,

Once again, I really think that the best way is to install HikaShop on the main website.
Then you can use the HikaShop modules in the current site pages to link to the shop pages.

But by default if you don't display menus and modules the shop will stay hidden, so don't change the current website.

9 years 2 months ago #188614

OK, so you insist.
Thanks.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 months ago #188630

Hi,

There are a lot of Joomla extensions, some to create multiple website using one single instance of Joomla.
I guess that there are some bridges extensions but we didn't know bridges which claimed be compatible with HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds