Is Hikashop falling behind? I find no good templates for it!

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 2 weeks ago #266641

Now I love Hikashop, I subscribe to the business version, I even renewed it last year, and previously bought Hikamarket as well.

But I have never installed any of them on a live site, never.

Problem is, I cannot find a good template, and I have several. The best one I found was Storefront from Gavick, but they stopped supporting it. There will be no support for Hikashop version 3.

I have memberships in several template clubs, such as Rockettheme, Gavick and more, but neither of them offers specific styling for Hikashop. Templaza does, and I have a subscription, but the quality is simply not good enough on mobile phones.

I have asked other template developers, such as Rockettheme and Inspire Theme, but they have no plans to develop anything for Hikashop. They mention other e-commerce solutions, such as J2Store, and of course Virtuemart, for which I find several good templates.

My problem with Hikashop is the lack of support from template developers. There is the Hikashop styling pack, but this is obsolete and needs renewal.

My suggestion: Please develop a new style pack that focus on the world of mobile devices, and please do it now. This should be an urgent priority. Hikashop needs to be independent of template developers. As it is now Hikashop has an appearance that seems to have fallen behind.

Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t write this if I did not think Hikashop is a great product, with tons of potential. But as it is now your dependence on external template developers is hurting your otherwise excellent product.

Another thing I would like to mention (important to me but not for most users) is a shipping plugin for Norway. I find that others have asked for it in the forums but only solution seems to pay a developer to make it. That is a pity. It is already available for other Joomla e-commerce solutions (Virtuemart, J2Store and more) so why not Hikashop? I realize this is not going to be a priority, but I do hope that styling will. I know you have plans to make it, but again, I urge you to make this top priority.

Regards from a customer making his first post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 2 weeks ago #266648

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are actively working on a new style pack which will be based on less, will support HikaShop 3 and will be much better than the previous one and much easier to keep up to date in the future.
Also, with HikaShop 3, HikaShop interface on the frontend is now responsive regardless of whether the template supports bootstrap 2 or not. So while you'll find less templates compatible with HikaShop 3 in the short term (because the have to update their template or build new templates for HikaShop 3), you'll actually have less issue in using HikaShop with any Joomla template, made for HikaShop or not.
We also added new CSS options so that you can directly use the button classes of the template in HikaShop so that templates don't need to have specific CSS in order to customize the HikaShop buttons, and thus it will be easier for template providers to develop their own templates for HikaShop in the future.
While the current situation might look like it's going downward with the availability of styling options, it's just a necessary pause to adapt to HikaShop 3, which provide much eaiser styling.

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 5 days ago #267671

Nicolas, thank you for your thorough reply.

I have been testing other e-commerce solutions for Joomla, such as E-shop, J2Store and Virtuemart, all in their latest versions, but have decided to go with Hikashop 3.

This is due to your upcoming new style pack, which I see as an essential part of Hikashop. In the meantime I have tried myself to have a go at it, looking for a "clean" and mobile friendly appearance.

I have enclosed a screenshot and am pretty satisfied with it, except for the small images. I want to place them to the right of the main image (instead of below it). On full screen it works ok (see attached screenshot) but as soon as I change resolution, the images are all over the place ;)

Now, I am certainly not a programmer, but I am familiar with less, and perhaps @media screen is the way to go. I don't know, but to get them on the right side I styled them with the following:

.hikashop_small_image_div > a {
    float: left;
    margin: 0 3% 3% 0;
    width: 50%;
}

.hikashop_small_image_div {
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
    top: 50%;
    transform: translateY(-100%);
    margin-right: 10%;
    width: 15%;    
}
But there must be a better and more "stable" solution, such as a table or something. Does anyone have a stylesheet or custom code to place the small product images on the right side of the main image?

Oh, by the way, when will the new Hikastyles be released (just approximately)?

Thank you for writing good code!

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 days ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] tag is nice

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 5 days ago #267713

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that, thanks !
Using CSS is a good idea. That way, when you update your HikaShop you'll have less potential issues than if you were modifying the view file to do the same thing.
And yes, for small resolutions, you can use @media so that it will display fine regardless of the resolution.
It's not difficult to use. Just englobe your CSS in a @media tag for the min/max width you want and that CSS will only apply in such cases. That way, you can have different CSS for different widths:
www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp

We're half way through with the styles. They'll be available in a few months. I hope two, but I won't promise.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds