Address of Vendors Public Profile Page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 days ago #98946

Is it possible to change this? I don't like this address. I know I can't really customize vendors profiles, I have even thought of giving each one their very own menu item but that seems extensive...but I would like this www.mysite.com/component/hikamarket/vendor/show/cid-3 to show more like www.mysite/vendorname like it would any other page.

I have thought of doing sub-categories (vendors name) to all categories and then listing item in both, but can not think how to tie the sub-category (vendor) to the vendors profile either. I just would like vendors to have a nice page and show their items on it, and have an address that shows them.

Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by dsautelet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 days ago #98975

Hi,

I put your request in our TODO list.
For the moment the vendor listing could be done using categories, it is easier because it uses the HikaShop interface so users are not lost. But HikaMarket should override the listing in order to put is own links and maybe override the category page in order to display the vendor page instead.
We would make some tests and think about it in order to have a simple but powerfull solution.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 4 days ago #99002

Thank you. I think in order to encourage people to sign up as vendors some of these things need to happen. Sellers want to feel special and have a way to showcase who they are in addition to the site.

10 years 11 months ago #102739

So I found a way around being able to show each vendors own items. Still have the address issue but on the vendors profile I made a MY Store link, created a hidden Hikashop menu and set it for the vendor's own category. Now you can follow that link and it shows products for the vendor as long as they remember to add their category to the product. I am trying to figure out how to get the word /category out of the address but for now this is where I am. It all will be a little time consuming once a person had a lot of vendors but for now it will help. If someone knows an easier way I could have done this let me know :unsure:

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #102753

Hi,

With more information (a link to your store, some screenshot) I could analyse your organization and we could find some ideas in order to improve HikaMarket and make your task easier.
We are open to suggestions :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds