Paypal Adaptive issue with Coupons

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 month ago #192494

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The amount for the primary receiver must be greater than or equal to the total of other chained receiver amounts

We have a customer who we have issued a coupon code for, and when they attempt payment they get the error above. I have duplicated this issue on our sandbox site. The coupon code is for $10.85 CAD. Paypal adaptive is configured for chained payments. With no coupon code the primary receiver receives 10.75 and the secondary receives 10.75.

Please let me know if there is any additional info you need.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 1 month ago #192516

Hi,

Which HikaMarket version number are your using ?
Would it be possible to have more details about the coupon code configuration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 1 month ago #192522

Hikamarket Multivendor 1.5.1
Here's the screenshot of the coupon code in use:

Also, the product and the coupon are both assigned to the same vendor, who is the secondary receiver.

Regards,
Steve

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by spark-.

9 years 1 month ago #192530

Hi,

The issue you face is not really related to Paypal Adaptive but to the way that coupons are handle.
At you can see in the Paypal adaptive debug, the primary receiver price is right (4.57) but, in fact the second is not.

So I think you have the "coupon all product" issue that we fixed in HIkaMarket 1.6.0
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-changelog.html

Fixing a coupon value processing when the coupon code is for all products

We did not activate the automatic updates for HikaMarket yet but you can download the latest version thanks to your subscription page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 1 month ago #192553

Hi Jerome,

I just upgraded to 1.6.0 on my sandbox site and the issue is still there. I deleted the old coupon and created a new one, and cleared and reloaded the cart to be sure that nothing would be carried over from the prior version. Please advise.

Thanks,
Steve

9 years 1 month ago #192559

Hi,

I'll need details about the orders ; to understand what was really processing.

Otherwise I see that the coupon is targeting the vendor "3", is it right the vendor 3 in your test ?
Can you perform a test with a coupon where the target vendor is set to "yes" ?

If the coupon is not applied to the vendor, it means that the store should take it for himself.
So the client have the discount but the vendor is receiving the classical amount ; like for a "refund coupon".
At this moment, I don't know how it can be handle by Paypal Adaptive because the customer should have the discount but the vendor should be paid normally..
And that's not even possible with paypal adaptive.. So I have to find a good way to handle such unusual case !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 1 month ago #192596

Setting the target vendor to "yes" corrects the problem.

To answer your question, vendor 3 created the coupon from the front end so the coupon defaults to vendor 3 as the target. Also, the product the customer is purchasing was created by vendor 3 as well.

It is possible to log into the back end and change the target to "yes", however, I would prefer that the process would be automated and the vendor could create and manage their own coupons from the front end.

The vendor is using the coupon to provide store credits to specific customers for returned items. Is there another way to achieve this?

Steve

Attachments:

9 years 1 month ago #192597

Hi Jerome,

Another observation; with the coupon set to target vendor "yes", it is likely that the coupon would be applied to products owned by the main vendor (or possibly other vendors as well?) This would defeat the purpose of the multi-vendor/paypal adaptive setup since the goal is to automate the division of payment for products for multiple vendors while presenting a single unified front end for the customer.

More specifically, if vendor 3 receives a returned product and issues a store credit, it should only be vendor 3's products to which the credit could be applied. With our store configuration, the customer cannot differentiate which vendor owns any specific product.

Regards,

Steve

9 years 1 month ago #192620

Hi,

Yes, you're right.
The customer shouldn't have the right to use the coupon of the vendor 3 if there is no product have that vendor.
HikaMarket is mostly using/extending the HikaShop restriction features for the coupons but I need to add some new checks for cases like yours.

The HikaShop team will release a new version soon (for the Joomla 3.4 compatibility) ; I think that I will also make a new release and see to add this feature into it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 1 month ago #192686

Hi,

I performed some tests and I can't reproduce your issue.
When I use a coupon which is linked with a vendor, HikaMarket right check the coupon with the products in the cart and delete the coupon is invalid.
It is working thanks to the trigger "onBeforeCouponCheck" which is called when HikaShop need to check a coupon code (when a coupon is added, when a order will be create and sometimes when the cart changed).

I'll see with Nicolas what could be the cause of your issue but, for the test I made, I can't reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 1 month ago #192695

Hi Jerome,

I did the same test and had the coupon indicated as invalid, but only when the cart contained no items from vendor 3. The issue is when there are items from the main vendor and vendor 3 mixed, then the coupon goes through. We just had this happen on our live site, where both items together exceed the coupon amount and each item individually was less than the coupon. In this case, it appears that the excess negative amount from the vendor 3 item was deducted from the main vendor item in the cart.

I have to do an assessment because the numbers aren't exactly lining up the way I would expect, so I want to figure out where the money was actually distributed versus what the invoices are indicating. I'll post as soon as I have time to crunch the numbers.

Regards,
Steve

9 years 1 month ago #192756

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.
I'll add some checks in HikaMarket in order to refuse the coupon if the sum is higher than the vendor products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds