Image upload according to alphabetic sort

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 6 months ago #214306

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.5
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.5

I had my site working with HikaMarket version 1.4.1

Then it was updated to 1.6.5 and I lost an important feature:

My site product administrator was uploading to the image drop area a series of pictures for each product in this pattern:

2728_02.jpg
2728_03.jpg
2728_04.jpg
2728_05.jpg
2728_06.jpg
2728_07.jpg
2728_08.jpg
2728_09.jpg

They uploaded always in alphabetical order, no matter the size of each file, no matter how they had been selected in a group selection in the local computer.

I remember in the past they were getting sorted as FUFL (First Uploaded First Listed) so sometimes small pictures were first even they were last in the alphabet sorting.

Then at some point in some update they started getting uploaded sorted by name.

Now with version 1.6.5 this feature is over or maybe I have to switch some configuration setting. I know you changed the Drag To Upload Box solution at some point so don't know if this is why the feature is lost.

Am I right? Is this changeable?

This is a very logical and useful feature and should be working again that's why I hope is simply disabled by chance in my system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4002
8 years 6 months ago #214367

Hi,

We had the same conversation in that thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/20-market-feature...rovement-needed.html

There was no modification between HikaMarket 1.6.2 and HikaMarket 1.6.5 for the image upload.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 6 months ago #214368

Hi Jerome,

probably my explanation was not clear enough. The change of behavior was noticed from 1.4.1 to 1.6.5 and I think I was already told by you that the upload system had suffered major change between those two versions.

And yes I remember that conversation but this was for an upper version to 1.4.1 that I guess had already the new system.

I would only like to confirm just to have a good understanding with my client if ii is really true that in the old version it was sorting by alphabet or is just a wrong illusion by him.

And, in the other hand, have you this feature in a todo list?

Thank you.

8 years 6 months ago #214371

Hi,

HikaMarket 1.4 didn't have any "sort" feature ; the upload was just sequential ; And I proposed you that in the other thread.
More than that, I told you that I created a feature request ticket and that is what I did.
But the upload system is not included in HikaMarket but into HikaShop itself ; which mean that I don't have the full control on when that kind of feature will be release.

Now if you want to discuss about that feature request ; please continue on the other thread. I don't see the interest to open two threads for the exact same feature request.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
8 years 6 months ago #214442

Big sorry Jerome,

I really didn't want to make you angry.

I just thought that this other thread was too far away in time and that maybe some improvement or feature addition had happened meanwhile without me noticing.

So I wanted to understand the situation as my client is absolutely convinced and insisting the older system was always sorting by names.

So sorry for this. Let myself declare this thread closed.

8 years 6 months ago #214444

Hi,

It is more a frustration ; because I'm working day and nights since February for HikaShop 3 ; you can see some improvements in HikaShop 2.5 for the new product edition in HikaShop 2.6 with some optimizations (and the new module/menu interface but I didn't work on that one).
I have a lot of patchs in progress and it is not possible to integrate them all like that.. And for the HikaMarket libs which are now in HikaShop (like "opload", "otree", "onamebox", etc) ; I don't have the full control on it, not like if it was in HikaMarket.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterChain

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds