• Thank you received: 4
8 years 5 months ago #221523

-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.6
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 42.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi!

First this is a pre-sales question so all the required technical data above are annoying. Maybe there should be a box "pre-sales" to tick to avoid checking which is the latest version?

Now back to the topic: I'd like to make a store with vendors selling exactly the same products, same stock, shipping, etc as the main vendor but giving them commissions on their sales (probably detected through the affiliates clicks/leads/sales?). Commissions would be directly proportional to the amount of sales on a monthly basis (but period could change).

Is this a Hikamarket multivendor feature or simply part of the Hikashop business edition?

Am I forgetting anything from that type of ecommerce?

Thank you.

Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 4 months ago #221576

Hi,

The fields are optional ; so if the information is irrelevent regarding your question, you can just let the field empty.

The Affiliate feature is provided by HikaShop Business.
HikaMarket is an add-on which provide the multi-vendor feature (and front-end edition).
A vendor is not an affiliate ; it does not work that way for the vendor selection.

About the commission processing, neither HikaShop Affiliate or HikaMarket are proposing that mode.
HikaShop Affiliate percentage is a fixed value and the HikaMarket commission is processing depending the order content.

It means that if you want that kind of commission processing you'll need a custom plugin for that custom processing.
After that, because I don't know exactly what you need for your vendors/affiliate ; I can't give you any answer on your question: HikaShop Business or HikaMarket multivendor.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 4 months ago #221656

Well I tried to post without entering any info and it stopped with Hikashop version. So I entered all since I didn't feel like trial& error to submit a post. Maybe you should double check this then as the first field is not optional for sure.

Back to affiliate's commission then, can plugin be written ourselves or does it have to be you. If we can do such plugin do you have some developer documentation/sample code going in that direction? If not, how much would you charge?

Thank you.

8 years 4 months ago #221668

Hi,

HikaShop and HikaMarket have some developer documentations and if you have development questions ; the forum is still a good solution for communication.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-developer.html

In HikaMarket they are some triggers which can help you with an automatic vendor assignation.
So when a customer want to create an order, using a custom plugin you can dynamically assign a vendor to the order.

For the commission percentage modification ; it's more complicated.
In HikaMarket the "vendor total" is processed when the customer order is created ; for sure the value can be modified afterwards.
So I guess that modifying the order just before the vendor payment would be the best solution in order to plug your specific algorithm. But it would mean that the vendor won't be able to know the exact value he will received until the vendor payment is made.

There is a French thread in the forum which talk about the same kind of requirement.
In that thread, I already talked about the triggers "onBeforeProductsVendorAttribution", "onBeforeMarketCalculateVendorPrice" and "onBeforeVendorPay"
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8774...on-btob-et-btoc.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 4 months ago #221723

Thank you for the answer. So as I understand commission is calculated per item therefore making different levels per affiliates based on volume is going to be the same issue? Is there a way to see what each affiliate makes per month and manually assign them to a different group giving them different commissions then?

Else how can I get an estimate of the cost if you were to develop the plugin?

Thank you.

8 years 4 months ago #221763

Hi,

The commission is calculated per order.

If you see to change the group of a vendor in order to let him have different fees ; but that fees will just be apply on new orders, not on old ones.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds