4 months 3 weeks ago #277034

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi Hikashop

I would suggest that the checkout cart had the option to group products by vendor with shipping for each vendor vs. now where you have the cart with all products and then shipping block with shipping per vendor. Something like the attached image.

Right now, the shipping block already show images of the products bought at vendor so it seems to me that it's just some extend to this block, with product price, quantity selector, subtotal, etc.
Some kind of merge between show_block_cart.php and show_block_shipping.php I think.

I thinks my suggested cart view would make it so much more Hikamarket with multi vendor and multi shipping, instead of "just" a normal Hikashop cart.

Hope you see my point.

Best regards,

Henrik

Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by flexsus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3404
4 months 3 weeks ago #277058

Hello,

HikaMarket do not modify the HikaShop checkout display.
For the "shipping per vendor", HikaMarket just create virtual warehouses for the different vendors and afterwards, it's just HikaShop which display the shipping methods for the different warehouses.
So using HikaMarket or the HikaShop warehouses will have the same display.

What you're asking with your screenshot is to have a new kind of module in HikaMarket in order to aggregate the cart and the shipping in the same place.
It would require a major modification in the HikaShop views in order to handle that ; and I'm afraid that your request is not related to HikaMarket but to the HikaShop checkout blocks themselves.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 8530
4 months 3 weeks ago #277059

Hi,

We see what you mean but we didn't want to make the interface too complex for the customer and preferred to separate the shipping selection block from the cart details block, like most ecommerce websites do.
You can also have the blocks on different steps of your checkout so it might be friendlier that way.
Having a mega view combining both blocks would be possible but would require some work and then you would still need to allow for the blocks to be separated so, for now I think that it would be best done as a separate plugin that would add that extra block (like the user points plugin adds its own user points block to the checkout).
In fact, any PHP developer can add such extra block with the checkout API we provide here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#checkout

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
2 weeks 1 day ago #285342

Hi guys,
looking for learning well into HikaMarket before to beginto work on it, I haveto say that, by my point of view, the @flexsus approach suggestment appear to be more simple, not more complex.

Knowing how accurate is Nicolas on his answers, I'm too interested to understand why Nicolas say it could be more complex...

And, Please, Nicolas, What do you mean with "You can also have the blocks on different steps of your checkout so it might be friendlier that way" ?

• Thank you received: 3404
2 weeks 23 hours ago #285354

Hello,

The approach is far more complexe regarding development, interface and implementation.
Regarding a User experience point of view, it's hard to say precisely like that but it could make too much of information mixed in a long list ; which makes easier to skip important element during a checkout process.

Afterwards, like I wrote : it would require some custom development for such specific view.
And that is, due it development complexity, not something we want to add into HikaShop core.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds