Image Upload & Price and others

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #76478

Hi, first of all, thank you very much for the development of the HikaMarket component, it's a perfect addon to Hikashop, Hikashop was my favourite shopping cart and now with this addon, it has become even much powerful and is a 100% complete shopping cart tool.

I have installed the HikaMarket on our website currently under development, see the website in action here . We are mostly done with the creation of categories in which sub-vendors will be able to add their products from frontend and while adding our first test product, we noticed some issues and hope you can help us to solve these.

1. When a vendor adds an image for his product from frontend, as per the add product form, that seems a bit confusing, there are two icons to add an image, the first one if the upload button and second one is the plus button, what is the difference between these two buttons? When I use the first option, that is the upload button, the image is added successfully, but, if I click on the second option, that is the plus button, I got a popup with a name field, I have tried both to add an individual image and created a zip file with some images but nothing work! When I click on the OK button, the popup form just disappear but nothing happens and no image(s) is added, if this a bug or am I not using this second option properly!

2. When creating/updating a product, I tried to add a price for the product, I click on the plus button next to the price field and a new field appears, I add the price, based on the tax category selection, the price+tax field is auto-updated successfully but when I click on the save button and go back to the product listing page, it indicated the product is free! I try to edit the same product again, the price field I previously created has disappeared and even if I try to add it a second, third ... times, it always disappear on save and remain as free.

3. We have created many categories and sub-categories under the root category, some categories should not be available to frontend vendors as these are subscriptions and membership categories that only admin should be able to add new products, we have created a category with name 'Mauritius Online Food Shopping' under product category and under this category, we have created sub-categories where vendors can add products, however, when adding products from frontend, vendors are able to add products in all categories, how can we restrict access to the above mention main category and sub-categories?

4. When saving a new product, there is no confirmation that the product is successfully saved, when I click on the save button, I am redirected to the same new product information and need to click on the back button to see that the product has been save and is available, I guess that at least, a confirmation should be shown to the vendor to indicate him that the product has been saved or even automatically redirect him to the main product page where he can see that the new product has been saved and is available.

So far, these are the only issues that we have encounter during the initial test, we submit a new topic should we come across any other issues, in the meantime, can you please help us on the above mention issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 months ago #76539

Hi and thanks for your feedback,

1. The "+" is not yet finish.
This button should open the image gallery so the vendor could see images that he have already upload.
Thanks to it, he could use the same image several times for several products.
For the first release, the gallery feature would not be implemented, so the "+" might be hidden.
For the moment, the "+" button gives a fallback interface in the case where the javascript upload does not work.

2. I can't reproduce it in my local website. I will make other tests on other websites.

3. Category edition and Category restriction is not yet implemented in HikaMarket but it is a planned feature for the first or the second release. It would depends on bugs and feedback.

4. Right ! I will fix it tonight.

Thanks again for your comments and your support.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds