-- url of the page with the problem -- : artrageus1.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

Hello,

Rather suddenly the Edit my Online Items - (ie: Vendor Product Listing) now loads a Vendor Control Panel. So a vendor cannot see a list of their products and edit them. I have tried to create the menu item from scratch as a public and registered item and I'm getting the same results. It worked up until last week.

Thanks

Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 6 months ago #252412

Hi,

Did you perform an update on something last week ? Joomla ? HikaShop ? HikaMarket ?

Does your vendors can see the tile "Products" in their vendor control panel ?
Does your template display Joomla error messages ?
Did you modify the HikaMarket configuration or the HikaMarket ACL ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
7 years 6 months ago #252493

Hello Jerome,

No, last week we did not update Joomla, Hikamarket or Hikashop. I renewed my subscription yesterday and uploaded and installed the new versions of Hikamarket and Hikashop yesterday after this problem turned up.

Last week we did work on the permissions in two areas.

1. The Shop Owner > under manager was given permission to view the Artists, Musicians and Authors menu items. The link we are referring to is in that menu module and is assigned to this group. They are children of registered.

2. We added the ability for Artists, Musicians, and Authors to Add Related Items within their frontend editing area for their products. We also tested the possibility of having variants and characteristics, but this was too complicated for the client so we removed those permissions. This was handled within Hikamarket Vendor Access.

At that time, you could click Add/Edit my products and access the Vendor Product Listing

To answer your other questions:

1. Yes, my template displays Joomla Error Messages
2. My vendor can see the # of products in their control panel but it doesn't click through to anything specific.

Thanks for your help as always.

Dawn

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by artisanwebandprint.

7 years 6 months ago #252495

Hi,

In HIkaMarket, the ACL configuration can be a little bit "tricky" due to his flexibility.

You have first the default access levels in the HikaMarket configuration ; it will set the base for all vendors.
In the configuration, you also have a setting to set the rights for the default vendor.

Then in the menu "HikaMarket > Accesses", you can set rules for the vendors and for the users.
The vendor rules will be based on the vendor groups. You can check your vendors groups by displaying their profile in the backend ; Please note that there is also plugin to link the Joomla user groups of the administrator (of a vendor) to his assigned vendor.

The user rules will use the Joomla user groups in order to add another layer of restrictions.
If a vendor do not have an access, the user cannot have that access either ; so it is more to split users in different "organizations" so they can just access to the products or just access to the orders.
That kind of ACL is not required for the majority of the websites.

Your screenshot show a configuration of ACL but we are not able to know if it's the vendor accesses or the user accesses.
And because we do not know the vendor groups or the HikaMarket default accesses, it will be difficult for me to tell you what in your configuration is right or not.

But, if you are telling me that your vendors can see the listing of products but they do not have a link to edit them ; I can tell you that there is some missing ACL for the "product / edit" part.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 6 months ago #252703

Hi Jerome,

Since someone in my office has made changes, I cannot trace exactly what ACL's were changed. My feeling right now is to restore a backup after making a backup of the images, upload, language folders/files and a backup of the database with the exception of the hikamarket tables.

Then do a restore where I import the new database with the exception of the hikamarket tables. This way I can revert to the original ACL's. Any new vendors since that date, we'll need to add manually and reassign their products.

So I did the restore and everything was good. The "Your Vendor" ID of 1 had all of the information and could be updated. I then made a backup and updated Hikashop, then hikamarket to the newest version. Now the "Your Vendor" information has been deleted (the address) and I cannot save it. I have tried numerous time. The update to Hikashop and Hikamarket has broken the Your Vendor record. It deletes the information saved within the Vendor profile and then does not allow for a resave.

7 years 6 months ago #252706

Hello,

The other issue that has shown up since updating Hikashop and Hikamarket to the newest version is that I cannot make any changes in the configuration of the Hikashop area. It gives me an error message:

No SEF category and product names entered. Please complete at least one of these two fields. The system put back the default values

I can create a new ticket, but since I cannot save Your Vendor nor can I save Hikashop configuration, I think it may be related.

Thanks,

Dawn

7 years 6 months ago #252714

Hi,

What was the previous version you used ?

It looks like you have some restriction and the entire form is not submitted (or read) by the server.
That could be related to the server configuration or to a "security" plugin.
But knowing that the HikaShop and HikaMarket configuration form are important ; if the entire data is not received/processed, it could generated some bad side effects like the one you got.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: artisanwebandprint

7 years 6 months ago #252718

Dear Jerome,

I have all of my hikashop sites on a dedicated server. I have tested another site and confirmed that it has the same error when trying to save the configuration file in hikashop: Message

No SEF category and product names entered. Please complete at least one of these two fields. The system put back the default values
Successfully Saved

I recently upgraded to EasyApache4 and moved the server to php 5.6. All sites are controlled by a central php.ini. Perhaps you could recommend some settings for me to try with regards to getting this config file to save? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Warm Regards,

Dawn

7 years 6 months ago #252794

Hi,

For the HikaShop part ; please use the other thread you made specially for that, in the HikaShop section of the forum.
In HikaMarket ; I am trying to reproduce your issue but it is still working fine and I don't see any recent modification which could affect that specific part.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 6 months ago #252813

Dear Jerome,

It turns out that saving "Your Member" was being thwarted by my newly upgraded server. With easyapache4 a new multiphp.ini handler is installed. It has default settings for various things like memory_limit etc. The setting that was not allowing the form to save was max_input_vars. It was set to 128. I worked with my server team and they recommended 1000. This has resolved the ability to save. Thank you for your patience and guidance as we worked through this.

Warm Regards,

Dawn

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by artisanwebandprint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds