Hikamarket - Vendor Shipping Shopper Error

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 months ago #288246

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5

We have set Hikamarket so that our vendors create their own shipping options.

The issue we are facing is that if a vendor fails to set up shipping (forgets) then the shopper will get an error message at checkout!

Is there any way to configure Hikamarket so that is a vendor has failed to set up shipping, it will just become FREE shipping for the shopper rather than an error message?

I hope you can help.

Thx, Darrell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #288250

Hello,

Only Hikashop can decide if an order can have free shipping or not.
But generally it's related to the cart (weight+dimensions) more than the rest. If the cart need a shipping method and there is no method available the customer won't be able to finalize its order.

I think that you want to have some kind of "free" manual shipping method which would be only available when there is no method available.
That kind of feature would be possible thanks to a custom plugin, but it is not something related to HikaMarket or the vendors.
It is more a "fallback" to provide a solution to customer to finalize their orders even if there is no shipping method available.
But generally speaking ; it won't be something I would recommend since a customer would be able to pay and would expect its order even if he didn't pay for the shipping (which would add additional cost that he did not pay).

Having a feature which could tell the vendor if he has correctly configured its shipping method would be interesting but it would require to let each shipping plugin include some special code to "test" the configuration to see if it's working correctly.
Like that, I'm afraid that it would be very difficult to implement and push to the existing shipping plugins.
If you have other idea, feel free to share them ; maybe we can come to a interesting idea for implementation :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 months ago #288309

I Jerome,

I think you have perhaps misunderstood my request.

It is the vendors that ship the products, not us. If the vendor "forgot" to configure shipping then the customer in this instance will get their order with free shipping. The vendor has to ship it. It's not the customers fault, nor ours but just makes us look bad.

It is at this point that a vendor would realise there mistake and set up their shipping - probably on their first order.

You have added the vendor in the shipping method lists - which we can't filter or sort on, but it is still not available in the vendor page.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #288312

Hello,

The technical answer is unfortunately, the same.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds