Creating product options by vendors

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 8 months ago #117786

Hi,

I can't figure out how to configure HikaMarket Multi-Vendor so my vendors can create product options and characteristics themselves (through the front-end of course). Have searched the forum and documentation but no relevant results came up. As far as I can see now they only can select predefined sets of options. Is that correct?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #117828

Hi,

To create a product in the front-end, you first need to access to the HikaShop vendor panel.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...l&Itemid=844&lang=en
you will have to be logged as a vendor to see this panel, you can use the user "demo" (demo).

You can create a menu for this panel, like we did in our demo website (Other features > HikaMarket).

With the vendor panel, you can access to the different parts depending your HikaMarket ACL.
If the vendor have right for products, he will have the link to the product listing and if he has the right to create a product, the button "new" will be displayed.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 8 months ago #117859

Hi Jerome,

That's the part I'm familiar with :-) Product creation is not an issue. It's about creating product options and characteristics through the frontend. Vendor A needs his own product options for product 1 and some other options or characteristics for product 2. Vendor B is in need of totally different options, depending of the kind of products.

So, how can they create options and characteristics? Can't find any buttons or ACL settings for that. The only thing I found is the possibility to select predefined sets of options. That's not what I'm looking for. They should be able to do it themselves...

Regards

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by praes. Reason: typo

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #117963

Hi,

Okay, I see.

We are working on the integration of the HikaMarket product edition in HikaShop (backend).
In the same time we are improving the interface in order to manage product characteristics. This improvement will be integrated in HikaMarket in the same time.

You can set options to a product, when an option is a classical HikaShop product.
But the variant selection for the options is not implemented (like the characteristics). And it is include in the new characteristic edition.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds