Vendor Notification language

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 11 months ago #269274

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi there,

I noticed that the vendor notification emails (Market: Order Status Notification) are sent in the language chosen by the customer to place the order.

Is there a way to assign a language to a Vendor account?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #269280

Hello,

There is a "loadLocale" function in HikaMarket mail class ; that function derives of the one in the HikaShop mail class.
But, during the tests when I implemented the feature, it generated some unwanted side effects and could have conflicts between HikaShop and HikaMarket (which were both trying to change the language context).

Because it's not something really handle by Joomla (to change the language context within the page generation) ; I can only say that's a sensible part.
I hope that we would find a good way to change the Joomla language context easily, without creating side effect or language errors (because when you change the language you need to handle the overrides too).

Afterwards, a vendor do not have a language ; only a Joomla account have.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 11 months ago #269726

Hi thanks,

I think it will be a good idea to add a language to a vendor account, the same way it has a currency and an email address assigned to it. That way every time a notification email is sent to the Vendor notification email address it should go in that language.

Hikamarket multi-vendor together with Joomla multi-language is great to allow Vendors to sell in different languages to their customers. However it does not make sense that Vendors get notifications in multiple languages depending on the customer language, the Vendor may not even understand that language. But it is great that it can sell to that customer in his own language thanks to multi-language.

it is great selling point for my platform customers (vendors) that by using my platform they can automatically sell in different languages, but it is very annoying for them to get notified in a language they don't understand well

I hope you understand my point and try to find a Hika-Solution for this problem even if Joomla does not help much in this matter.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #269728

Hello,

I understand your point but you missed mine.
I'm sorry but the vendor won't receive any language setting for the emails ; it's against the database design.
Like I wrote :

Afterwards, a vendor do not have a language ; only a Joomla account have.

Please read carefully my previous message which already explain everything.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds