Variants - I have the Es4.1.0 - and old product have the variants, but not new

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 6 months ago #279000

I'm new to Hikashop and just purchased the Business and HikaMarket. Hope I didn't waste a bunch of money. What I'm trying to create is a shop where vendors can create product listings and each product listing would have up to 8 options (or maybe they are variants), each with a different price. I've created categories that the vendors can list in, but I'm not sure how to incorporate the options/variants. These will be the same for all the vendors in that group (ex. all shoe vendors will have options/variants of each listing for different sizes--each each option could have a different price). The question is, I'm not sure how to set this up. I could create the available options (sizes) that could be used for every listing and a vendor could choose how much to charge for every option. Anyone know the best way to set this up?

And one other thing...if tax is always included in price, how do I get rid of tax altogether on listings?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #279011

Hello,

The options are elements which need to be set for every products.
If you want that all vendor products have the same "product options", you can use the HikaMarket feature called "product template".

A "product template" is a product that you can configure in the backend and when a vendor will create a new product in the front-end, the template will be used in order to pre-fill elements.
Depending the access level you have configured for your vendors, it is also possible to use the template to "force" some elements that the vendor do not have access for edition.

The "product template" can also be used to pre-set the characteristics (in order to create variants afterwards).

Generally speaking, for shoes, it's best to use a characteristics for the shoe size and then to create variants for the different sizes.
But the best would be to create a topic in the HIkaShop section of the forum that part (and also for the configuration and the display of the taxes).
In the HikaMarket section of the forum, I can help you with the configuration of the usage of HikaMarket, how to configure the access level or all which is related to the front-end edition and the vendors.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 6 months ago #279286

Thanks. I'm still struggling on this. I first created some custom fields in "Products" table and then was able to add these to the product template that the vendors would fill out to create a new listing. But it didn't work well because those custom fields showed everywhere--on all the category pages and listing pages--even with custom fields set to not show.
I then thought maybe those custom fields should have been in the "Items" table instead. It solved the extra options showing on the front end listings and category blogs, but I'm not sure how to make those show up on the product template that the vendors will fill out. It doesn't seem the same as what happened when those custom fields were in the "Products" table.

I'm sure it's simple, but I just can't figure it out. I just want some fields that a vendor will fill out when creating a listing using a product template. I want these to show up on the product listings. Guess I'm missing the difference between item and product. Help!?

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 6 months ago #279320

Hi,

Custom fields of the table "item" allow the customer to enter data/select something in them on the product page so that the data will be added to the product in their order.
Custom fields of the table "product" allow the owner/vendor to enter data/select something in them in the product edition interface so that it can be displayed on the product page and/or listings.
So what you want is to use custom product fields, not custom item fields.
Then, regarding the display of the data on the frontend, you have many display options directly in the custom field to say how it should display. You also have a "fields" display setting in each menu item and module displaying listings of products in order to say if you want the listing to display the custom fields or not.
So if the custom product fields data display on the frontend in places where you don't want them to display, you just want to check these display options.

6 years 5 months ago #279532

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense about the difference between "items" and "products" and I've made those changes.
I still can't figure out how to not show the custom fields in the product listings. Everywhere that I can find in the back end I have the show custom fields set to not show. Do the individual templates have to be customized? Seems like I should just be able to turn off the fields to show on the category listings. All I want to show there is the picture, the title and have it link to the actual product page. I'm attaching a screen shot showing what the product listing looks like with the custom fields showing.
I'm assuming these settings are Hikashop and/or Hikamarket settings and not actual Joomla settings.
Thoughts?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #279533

Hello,

You should open a new topic in the HikaShop section of the forum for these questions.
I'm sorry but it's not more related to HikaMarket (and all messages in the HikaMarket section of the forum are assigned to me) so it will be better to post in the HikaShop section so the HikaShop support team will be able to answer you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds