ACL Settings for Creating Products with Variants

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 4 months ago #281928

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : Multivendor 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1

I'm using Hikamarket Multivendor and I'm really struggling with the ACL settings to simplify the process for vendors to create products. I have one default template and have created a characteristic with 8 variants that the vendors will use with the product. All that I want to require of the vendors when creating a new product is create the name, category, images, and some custom fields I've created. There is no price associated with the main product (only variants of the product), so I've hidden the price field. That all works fine. Once the vendor saves the new product, they can then open it back up and add variants. Here is where I'm struggling. Could you tell me how it is possible through ACL to just have the option of adding a price for that variant? I'm sure this is possible and I keep playing around with ACL but now I'm getting "500 Layout variant_price not found" when I click to edit the variant. I can't figure out the right combination of boxes to check. Is there a good help site showing what is what or could you direct me on how to just show those fields to a logged in vendor when making a new product? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I'm attaching a screenshot showing my current ACL

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #281931

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a message less "compact" and maybe more screenshot to understand and visualize your issue ?
The goal of our support is to provide some help but in order to give you the best help possible, we need to have a good environment. If I have to struggle with the issue description I won't be able to be concentrate enough to understand the real issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #281979

Sorry for my long winded question. All I'm trying to figure out is the correct combination on the ACL default store access checkbox list so that when vendors create products with variants, the only fields they see to edit for the variants are price and quantity. Seems like it should be possible but I can't figure out the correct combination in the "product/edit" and "product/variant" check boxes.

6 years 4 months ago #281980

Hello,

What is your question ?
What is your issue ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 3 months ago #284544

This is our Product/Variant Question.

When a vendor is logged in to the front end and goes to the "Product" folder in their account in order to add new products. There is a dropdown box there where they can chose to add either "Products" or "Variants", as seen in the attached screenshot. Is there a way to get rid of the dropdown box so they can only add Products?

Perhaps we don't have a clear understanding of the difference between product and variant.

All products created in our store have one "characteristic" associated with them, which has 10 variant options that the vendor can chose from once the product is created (via the "variant" tab). It seems to work fine. For this reason, we don't want to confuse them with the dropdown option to create either a product or variant.

Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #284552

Hello,

The fact that your vendors can or cannot create variants come to the "ACL" you have configured.
So you will find some "rights" to your vendors regarding the "characteristics" and "variants".
Like "product/edit/characteristics", "product/edit/variants" and "product/variant".
By removing these rights ; they would just be able to create regular products.
That is what control the fact that a vendor can create variants. But in your case, it looks like you want them to be able to do so.

The display of that dropdown is not related to a setting in HikaMarket.
But the display is not related either to the fact that the vendor can or cannot create variants. It is just a filter to display products or variants. Changing the filter do not change the vendor ability to create or not variants.

If you want to remove that filter, you would need to use some CSS (to hide it) or a view override (to remove the PHP code).
In the view "productmarket / listing" you will find these two lines that you want to delete/comment.

if(!empty($this->productType))
		echo $this->productType->display('filter_product_type', @$this->pageInfo->filter->filter_product_type);

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds