Paypal adaptive payments: some questions

• Thank you received: 8
6 years 2 months ago #286807

Hello,
I'd like to use your Hikmarket extensions along with Paypal adaptive payment, but I have some doubts and can't find any answer in the forum/documentation.

- Can the paypal adaptive payments be set only per single product or they need to be enabled for the whoel market?
- Do both paypal accounts receiving the payment need to be business paypal account and have an application set up, or this is just required for the Hikamarket owner, while the vendors may just have a normal paypal account and no application set up?
- What happens if there are several products in the customer cart, those products belong to different vendors and only some of them have a paypal adaptive payment set up for their product?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #286823

Hello,

1 - You can use HikaShop payment restriction with the Paypal Adaptive plugin as the other HikaShop payment plugins.
But please note that generally speaking, an order is paid with one single transaction.

2 - When using Paypal Adaptive, the vendor must have a paypal email if they want to receive directly their money in their account.

3 - If a vendor do not have a paypal email, the store receive the money for the vendor ; like if the payment method was not an adaptive one.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...or-presentation.html
developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/d...ation-guide/APIntro/

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 8
6 years 2 months ago #286875

Thank you Jerome,

what I don't understand is what follows:
say there are 3 items in the customer cart owned by 3 different vendors and only one of them as paypal adaptive payments as payment option, how is the full order payment processed?

eg. the customer would need to use paypal adaptive to pay for 1 item, and a different payment method for the other items?

thank you for clarifying , ths is really confusing!

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #286904

Hello,

When using Paypal Adaptive, the vendor must have a paypal email if they want to receive directly their money in their account.

Only your store need a Paypal Adaptive account.
For more details, please contact the Paypal support.

the customer would need to use paypal adaptive to pay for 1 item, and a different payment method for the other items?

The customer will pay an entire order using one single payment method.
You can't pay an order with several payment methods.
One order = One transaction.

So if the payment method do not feet to the entire order ; the method is not available.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds