How to use Stripe Connect Plugin with Hikamarket

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #295659

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi there,

I’m interested in getting to know more about the plugin you sell in your market place for Stripe Connect and how it integrates with Hikamarket.

1 ) Stripe Connect has 3 ways of working, Standard, Express and Custom. Which one does your plugin support?

2) Is there a Hikamarket front end plugin that allows the Vendor to connect his Stripe account with the platform account? How does your plugin deals with this issue?

3) Does the hikamarket front end plugin also allow the Vendor to see/manage his Stripe account from the Hikamarket Vendor control panel?

4) Stripe Connect has 3 different ways of creating charges on the connected account: a) direct charges on the connected account, b) destination charges on the platform account; c) create the charge on the platform account and then separately transfer funds to the connected account. Can you please comment on what type of Stripe Connect charges are supported by your plugin?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #295662

Hello,

1 - The current version of the plugin uses the "Standard" ; an implementation of "Express" is possible.
The usage of "Custom" is in our TODO list but it won't be in a short time schedule, it is a really big project to re-create all the Stripe interfaces.

2 - There are two plugins with Stripe Connect. One payment plugin and one HikaMarket plugin.
It provides an integration with the HikaMarket vendor edition to add a link regarding the Stripe account association.

3 - Since there is no support of the "Custom" way, the vendor need to use the Stripe dashboard to see and handle its Stripe account.
But HikaMarket will still display the order listing and all other features it provides.

4 - The plugin is using all 3 ways.
If there are more than one vendor, it will use the transfers since it's the only possibility.
If there is one vendor, it will use "destination" charge.
If there is just your store, it will use "direct" charge.
Please note that there is also a "transfer group" way but we are not using it since charge+transfer is more flexible and already supported.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 8 months ago #295799

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I need further clarification about how charges would work (point 4), please.

Is it possible to configure how the charges will work in the plugin?

I’m interested in using “Direct” charges into each Vendor’s Stripe account for several reasons:

• I only allow 1 Vendor in the order (not possible to order from different Vendors in one order)
  • When using “Standard” as the way of connecting Stripe accounts (as you said the plugin does in point 1), Stripe recommends using “Direct” charges directly into the Vendors’ connected Stripe Account
  • This way, the Vendor’s connected Stripe account is responsible for the cost of the Stripe fees, refunds, and chargebacks.
  • The platform Stripe account (my account) only gets the fee without any Stripe fees

It would be something similar to what you already do with the Paypal Market plugin when you set it in “Classic” mode but with the added benefit of being able to charge a fee from the platform account.

Is this possible with your Stripe Connect plugin?

Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by sabroso.

5 years 8 months ago #295804

Hello,

Well, I can see to create an option in the plugin to choose between "destination" and "direct" while there is just one vendor in the order.

regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #296019

Ok, that would be great.

When will it be ready?

I have customers waiting for this option so I'm wiling to buy your plugin as soon as it is ready.

Please let me know.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #296021

Hi,

Jerome is in holyday for a week and he is the one making the call on that so I can't speak for him.
I suppose the change wouldn't be too difficult to do so probably that's something that can happen in the short term.
I'll leave this thread open for him to see when he get back so that he can tell you exactly what is his plan.

5 years 7 months ago #296326

Hello,

I have uploaded a new version of the plugin with the new setting which allow to choose the preferred charge mode (destination / direct).
That setting will just be used when there is one vendor (and your store)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #296370

Thank you very much,

I have just purchased the plugin and I will test it immediately

5 years 7 months ago #296375

Hi there,

Some problems with the Stripe Connect Plugins:

1) The versions I downloaded from the order links say they are version 1.0.0, did I get the last version?

2) I have HikaMarket configured for "Limit Vendors in Cart = One Vendor" but in the Stripe Connect plugin I don't see any setting that allows to select the charge mode....

3) In HIkamarket configuration -> Access Levels -> Default Store Access -> Plugins now I have two check boxes for MangoPay. I understand you used the magopay plugin as the base to develop the stripe connect plugin but something is not quite right

4) As a consequence of point 3 Vendors don't get Stripe Connect in the front end, only mangopay even if both mangopay chekcboxes are enabled

Thanks!

5 years 7 months ago #296379

Ok, point 3 and 4 get sorted if doing a change in plugins->hikamarket->stripeconnect ->stripeconnect.php-> onMarketAclPluginListing

change line

$categories['root']['plugins'][] = 'mangopay';

by
$categories['root']['plugins'][] = 'stripeconnect';

Now the Vendor sees the Stripe button in the front end, but when clicking the Stripe Button the following error shows:

Fatal error: Class 'hikaInput' not found in ............/plugins/hikamarket/stripeconnect/stripeconnect_ctrl.php on line 40

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by sabroso.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

5 years 7 months ago #296380

Hello,

I fixed the HikaMarket plugin for the wrong ACL name.

Regarding "hikaInput", it is something provided by HikaShop Core since HikaShop 3.2.0 in order to be compatible with Joomla 4.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #296409

Hi Jerome,

Joomla 4 has not even been released, it would be great if you can ensure compatibility with Joomla 3.

I'm running Hikashop 3.1.1 and your product description here ( www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html ) says: This Stripe Connect plugin is compatible with all the editions of HikaShop

Would it be possible make it backwards compatible?

Thanks

5 years 7 months ago #296411

Hello,

HikaShop 3.2.0 is still compatible with Joomla 3.x and Joomla 2.5 ; that's not the point here.
The introduction of hikaInput has been made in the core to unsure a better compatibility with Joomla in general.

The plugin is compatible with all editions of HikaShop : starter, essential and business.
Since the plugin has been created and published after the release of HikaShop 3.2.0 ; that plugin follow the guidelines and use the core features to unsure the best compatibility for the future.

Now, you can still include the hikaInput class in your HikaShop 3.1.1 core.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #296461

Hi, thanks,

I have added the hikaInput class and the error with hikaInput error is gone.

But a new error appears now when clicking the Stripe button in the Vendor front end:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVendor() on boolean in ......../plugins/hikamarket/stripeconnect/views/stripeconnectmarket/view.html.php on line 69

Do you know what the problem might be?

5 years 7 months ago #296464

Ok,

I had added the Stripe API Keys only in the Hikashop Plugin Config but not on the Joomla Plugin Config. After adding the Stripe API keys in the Joomla Plugin Config the previous error disappears.

But there is NOTHING happening after clicking the Stripe Button in the Vendor Control Panel (front-end). There is no process starting to connect/authorise the Vednor's Stripe Account, I only see the attached which does nothing.

Please explain what should happen once a Vendor clicks the Stripe button in the HikaMarket front end.

Thanks!

Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #296473

Hello,

Since you're using the Stripe plugin in "market" mode ; you must set-up the credentials in the Joomla part of the configuration and not in the HikaShop one.
Having credentials only in the "hikashop payment" does not allow the other plugins to retrieve them (if you have several instances, we can't know which one is the right one for the connect features).
Some users asked for local credentials in order to use the Stripe plugin without the marketplace features ; but if you do want to use the connect API, you have to configure global credentials.
As you did :)

So, regarding how you have to use "Stripe Connect".
The dashboard button is still under development and will have more elements in the future.
But because there was just the need of the "connect with stripe" button ; we move that one in the vendor dashboard.
I re-create new packages with the right settings (to not include in-progress developments) so you won't have the icon anymore.

And you can find the "Stripe Connect" interface while displaying the "Vendor Account" page :
pasteboard.co/HydYxsI.png

Sorry for the mess-up ; need to remember all the little things after my holiday week :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #296488

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for that, I have downloaded again the plugins and reinstalled them.

Yes, the Stripe button disappeared from the dashboard.

However I don't get the "Connect with Stripe" button you showed me in the Vendor Account page (see attached)....I removed the template overrides for that view and then changed to Protostar template but still I don't see it...I also enabled all the Vendor ACL permits in HIkamarket Config

How is that button being inserted there? Via a plugin trigger? Maybe I can add that trigger to the view....

I'm using HikaMarket 1.7.3

Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #296495

Hello,

Indeed, you need to add some code into the view to allow the display of the Stripe connect content

if(!empty($this->element->extraData->middle))
		echo implode("\r\n", $this->element->extraData->middle);

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #296529

Hi,

Thanks for that, that solved the problem. Now the Vendors can connect their Stripe accounts to my Stripe Account.

However I now have problems with the payment itself.

When I click the Stripe button "Submit Payment" (see attached) nothing happens. I can see a get request is being sent (highlighted in blue in the attachment) to Stripe when I click the button but nothing happens after that.

I enabled debug in the payment plugin and checked the payment log file but there is nothing there. I also checked Stripe logs and nothing there

Am I missing any setting in the Stripe account? Do you have an idea about what might be happening?

Thanks

Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #296540

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the JavaScript in stripeconect_end.php

The var additionalData is not working and blocking the execution.

By replacing

stripe.createToken(card, additionalData).then(function(result) {

by
stripe.createToken(card).then(function(result) {

Now it submits the form, however now I can see a problem in the Stripe logs:
1.Creates the token OK
2. Creates the customer OK
3. Fails when creating the charge, as follows:
{
  "error": {
    "code": "missing",
    "doc_url": "https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/missing",
    "message": "Cannot charge a customer that has no active card",
    "param": "card",
    "type": "card_error"
  }
}

please help, thanks!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds