charataristics not changing , after removal

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 4 months ago #1821

ok there are several problems I have found but I will start with this one in particular at this point in time.

if you create a new product , and then assign characteristics to it with images then all is good

how ever if you then change your mind and delete the images from the char's they remain (in db under the name)
as well as in the product page.

even if you delete the char's and re apply them (blank no images) the images remain.

only way around this for now is to remove the char's from the product

then recode the product then add the char's again.

That works.

I think that it is not removing them from the db which stores them under a slightly modified code to the product code. (if that makes sense)
:blink:

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by reace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 4 months ago #1830

I'm not sure I understand you.
You cannot assign an image to a characteristic. You can only assign images to categories, products and variants of products.

If the same image entry is assigned to several products/variants, the image won't be deleted until you removed the last product/variant which uses the file entry.

The code to handle a product deletion and a variant deletion is the same. So it works the same way.

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 4 months ago #1884

sorry what I ment is that I can assign an image to a variant of a product , what I have done is simply created 1 char for the product (for example candles).

the char's for this product are different sizes / colour's so actually I have 2 char's for this product.

if I then proceed to setup the images for each variant of the product it works fine.

how-ever what happened was i used the wrong images for the related variants and had to go back over them and replace with either new images or remove the images assigned to each variant. Which is what I done.

so I managed the variants and removed all images from each of the variants within the colour's char's and saved without problem.

cleared cache and browser cache 'ctrl+shift+del' and then previewed the site expecting to have the default image show for all variants for the product.

but.. instead the old images were still there.... which is what led me to find a away to remove them.

I then noticed that the images derived their property names from the product 'code' and thought that in order to remove the images I simply needed to change the product code which would in effect change the pointers to the images from the old one's to new one's , and being none there it would use the default image . Which it has done.

note that removing and re-adding the char's does not work. Only by changing the product code could i Remove the images from the shopfront.

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 4 months ago #1887

Mmm. I cannot agree with you unfortunately :/

The images are all stored in the table hikashop_file. In this table, the file_ref_id stores the id of the entity to which the image is attached (a product id, a variant id, a category id) and the file_type column stores the type of the image: product for product and variant images. That's the only link between an image and a variant. Changing the code of a variant does not have any impact on the images of the variant/product.

Here is what I think happened: You clicked on the delete icon of the images WITHOUT saving the product/variant. If you do that, the modification isn't taken into account. Then, you checked on another tab your front end and indeed the image was still there. Then, you changed the code and saved and at that time the deletion of the image was taken into account.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds