Breadcrumbs problem in product pages

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #45534

I am new to HIKASHOP. I use the business edition for my website at www.sottosub.gr (Greek Language). Breadcrumbs module (standard joomla module) seems to work ok for most pages. However when entering product pages from one main category i get wrong breadcrumbs that indicate my other main category and some subcategory of this. The two main Categories are "Κατάδυση" (diving products) and the other is "Κολύμβηση" (swimming products).
Whenever i enter some product page from the first category :"Κατάδυση" (diving products) i get breadcrumbs indicating the second category and a subcategory of this. The url indicates the wrong menu when i enter a product page from the first category and i cannot understand why (initial category and subcategory menu url is ok but product page url indicates wrong Category for Diving products)

You cas see the website HERE: www.sottosub.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
11 years 11 months ago #45652

That's probably because you turned on the option "simplified breadcrumb" in the configuration. Please turn it off and it should display properly.

11 years 11 months ago #45782

I had not ever turned on the "simplified breadcrumb" in the configuration when i realized the problem exists. Then i tried turning this option on but nothing changed. Finally i turned this option Off but problem remained (this hapenned before my post). It must be something with menu assigment. I have setup two different menus for my products: One for the main menu at the top bar and one for the "ΠΡΟΙΟΝΤΑ" menu (light blue) at the right sidebar (sidebar-a template position). I remember i copied the menu;s and then used the automatic creation of modules and then adjusted the hikashop options separetely each one. I am sure thay the "simplified breadcrumb" option is set to "No". Problem still exists.

I JUST realized that this happens only if i select the product via the carousel (hikashop content module) and not from the normal listing of products below that. So the problem is related to the Hikashop content module....but i don't know what is wrong...maybe i have setup this module wrong?

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Alexandrakis.

11 years 11 months ago #45783

I found a solution:

At Hikashop Content module for the carousel i Had enabled the synchronize option but i had made a selection for menu field. Removing this selection (selected "none") solved the problem.

See the attached image

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #45945

Thank you for the feedback.

11 years 10 months ago #49150

Hello everyone

Where is this "simplified breadcrumb" option located?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 10 months ago #49175

Go to Hikashop backend.

Configuration --> Main tab --> SEF Url Options --> Simplified breadcrumbs

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliot

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 1 month ago #142958

In my HikaShop v2.2.3 it is here:

Configuration --> Features tab --> SEF Url Options --> Simplified breadcrumbs

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliot

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 1 month ago #143479

Thanks for helping guys!

• Thank you received: 4
5 years 7 months ago #297053

Hello, I am not sure if my problem is related however I have tried the suggestions in the thread.

My issue is that the breadcrumbs will get stuck on a parent category and not drill down with the visitor.

www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/ariel/arie...y-optional-equipment

Any thoughts please.

Cheers
Iain

5 years 7 months ago #297065

Hi,

That's the same issue indeed. You need to turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" setting to get the full category path in the breadcrumb.
Note however that for the setting to work, it has to add an extra parameter to the product page URLs. So if you have "canonical URL"s configured for your products with the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated, then HikaShop won't be able to add that extra parameter since it will automatically use the canonical URL.
So in that case, a solution would be to either turn off that setting (the canonical URLs will still be taken into account by search engines so it's not a problem for SEO), or you could also clear the canonical URLs and enter them again with that extra parameter or let the system regenerate them with the "Use canonical URL and generate it if missing" of the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting

5 years 7 months ago #297155

Hello NIcolas

Thank you for that. The Simplified Breadcrumbs was already turned off. I have tried the Force canonical urls in all settings to no avail. I am not sure how to clear the canonical URLS.

The other odd one would be this page
draganfly.co.uk/index.php/ariel/ariel/4-stroke

It shows a much deeper section

You are here: Home > Shop > 4 Stroke > Wheels & forks > Wheels > Rear wheel

whereas the page I am actually on is 4 Stroke.

Many thanks
Iain

5 years 7 months ago #297181

Hi,

To clear the canonical URL of a product or category, you can edito that product or category in the backend, empty the field called "canonical URL" and then click on the "save" button. Once done, the link to that product or category on the listing should have that extra parameter called "category_pathway" which will allow the breadcrumb to show complete.

5 years 6 months ago #297304

Hi

Thanks for that however the Canonical URL was already empty and I have looked for Pathway there isn't one. I tried putting something in Canonical URL and the saving, deleting then saving and nothing.

Thanks

5 years 6 months ago #297306

Hi,

First, check that you have disabled the cache for the Breacrumbs module of Joomla in the Joomla modules manager. If that module is cached, then it will always display the same path regardless of where you go and it seems that you have that problem.
Second, if the canonical URL field is empty and you don't see the category_pathway parameter in the URLs of the product page for your products, then it means that you need to clear some cache. Either the cache of the website pages, or the cache of the SEF URLs if you're using a SEF extension like sh404SEF, or both.
If I check the page draganfly.co.uk/index.php/ariel/ariel/4-.../724-battery-carrier for example, I see that the product 5860-51# doesn't have the parameter in the URL, but the product 5860-51BQ# has. That clearly indicate a caching issue or the canonical URL field not empty as both should either have it, or not have it.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds