Browser Previous Button Not Working

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #168472

Hi,

I'm having a problem with using the browsers previous and next button while navigating through my products.

i set the configuration of the product listing to show 20 products per page. When navigating to the next page (with products 21 to 40). I click on a product to view the productpage and when i try to use the browsers Previous Button (to go back to the previous page) I get a blank page.

I've tested this problem with several browsers: firefox, chrome, IE, Opera, Safari, but it's al the same.

Site is on localhost.

(Nicolas) PLEASE HELP ME OUT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
9 years 7 months ago #168482

Hi,

I've never seen such problem where the page is totally blank.
Can you turn on the "error reporting" and "debug mode" options of the Joomla configuration and try again ? Do you get an error message on that blank page now ? If not, you must look in the PHP error log of your web server where the errors are stored.

• Thank you received: 76
9 years 4 months ago #180780

I have got this reported several times, but never had time to verify.

I'm able to reproduce this in Google Chrome.
go to http://demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=89&lang=en
In pagination click on page 2.
When page is loaded, click back browser button and then click forward browser button.

go to http://demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=89&lang=en
In pagination click on page 2.
Click on random product.
After page is loaded, click browser back button.

I would like to ask why is pagination using POST method instead of GET. It has several downsides from SEO point of view as site is not fully crawlable.

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by korzo.

9 years 4 months ago #180810

Hi,

That's not a blank page but a browser alert page to avoid resubmit.
It can potentially be avoided with a redirect: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/product-c...on-error.html#180761
We're thinking into maybe adding that in the future but we would need some feedback first.

HikaShop uses the Joomla pagination system and the Joomla pagination system uses a POST. Using a GET would mean having a really ugly URLs as we need complex parameter names since the system handles several paginations on the same page (and thus the parameters needs to be differentiated for each listing), like for example when you have a categories listing on several pages with a products listing with several pages below it.
And having a POST instead of a GET doesn't change much for google. It won't have any problem looking into the parameters when crawling the pages.

The following user(s) said Thank You: korzo

• Thank you received: 22
7 years 6 months ago #251644

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for bumping an older thread but I'm curious if this issue will be addressed in any Hikashop release soon?
It is indeed something that a lot of users are facing when using pagination and the back button of the browser.

7 years 6 months ago #251645

Hi,

This has been addressed more than a year ago actually. Just activate the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nico.van.leeuwen

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds