Could not instantiate mail function

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 9 months ago #241843

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.32

Hello Nick, and everyone else,

this problem shows today, and i know that lots of people ask this question and you have recommended to do the correct settings on global configurations, and I did take a look and was correct , i even did a test email and i have received , then i contact the hosting company and they confirms the logs and the settings all correct, then i contact Joomla support and the results, im not sure where i have to go from here
, could you please help? and if the only answer is go to the global configurations then you really dont have to reply to this topic, again the issue something else has nothing to do with global configurations or the hosting company,
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 9 months ago #241863

Hello,

HikaShop uses the standard joomla email sending functions. If you have a problem only on ONE email, it means that the problem is the content of the email.
What you should try also is to send an email via the interface in sales when changing an order information. Does that work ? If yes, then, the problem is really the content of the order creation notification.
It could also be that your hosting company doesn't allow you to send more than one email per thread and at the end of the checkout, two emails are sent (1 to the customer and 1 to the vendor). So you might want to check on that with your hosting company.

could you please help? and if the only answer is go to the global configurations then you really dont have to reply to this topic, again the issue something else has nothing to do with global configurations or the hosting company,

Sure, but we'll need more information about it through some screenshots for example , like where and in which situation are you exactly getting that error message ?

Thank you.

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 9 months ago #241931

what really happen Mohammed is when i put an order click finish , it will bring that screen that has an error, then go to paypal after that, however the problem that i dont receive email that says order created as a person put the order also the owner did not receive order, however, im thinking to do the following you can give me HINT, i will change the email to be one of the domain email instead using gmail, and lets see that will fix it or not, thanks, If it success i will put a post here too, Thanks again

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 9 months ago #242023

Hi,

Go in the menu Customers>Email history in HikaShop and check that the email is there.
You should find it there, meaning that HikaShop did send the email.
HikaShop doesn't send directly the email, it just tells Joomla to send it.
So then, that error means that the connection between Joomla and your email server couldn't be established. So either the information entered in the Email section of the Joomla configuration is wrong, or there is a problem with your email server.
In either case, it's your hosting company support that you need to contact to find the source of the issue.

7 years 9 months ago #242029

I agree with you, you are 100% right, I noticed when i use my email that also hosted by the same host, all works perfect, then when i change the email to my client email which is gmail it did not work, then I created another email ** This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. which is support by hikashop it also the error came back, then i called the hosting company and discus with them the issue let them also try the website, so the engineer mention there is another email some where saved in hikashop which is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , and I do remember that i created this email long time then i have removed it, so making the long story short, i recreated this email and put it in the hikashop email and all works fine, again thank you, I will post a better details on monday, just last information usually i develop the website first in something like dev.myclientdomain.com then when al done i use akeeba backup to move it to myclientdomain.com, i should i delete the dev folder and the database i think that also cause an error, thanks
Sammy

• Hikaauction Standard
7 years 2 months ago #259095

Hi,

I have a similar problem but with a multi language site.

The issue is that I receive all emails perfectly in french but not in english.

I tested with some payment methods in english, like paypal, epay, bank transfert, collect on delivery, and sometimes I get the "could not instantiate mail fonction" warning.

The commands and the emails are well created in HIkASHOP (see attached files).

What is the problem ?

Here is the site link : netweb3d.com/mauritiusproducts/en/catego...ory/25-tea-mauritius

Best regards.

Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #259112

Hi,

Hard to say. On HikaShop's end, it only transmit the email to the email server and displays the error sent back by the email server if any. The "Could not instantiate mail function" message is a generic error message which only tells that there was a problem but not what was the problem. So it could be anything.
You should check the error log of your email server. There, you should see more information on why the emails cannot be sent.
You might need to ask about that to your hosting company if you're using their email server.

• Hikaauction Standard
7 years 2 months ago #259367

Hi,

I asked to my hosting company and it was a problem about DKIM key.

And about the notification emails, I have a strange issue with the emails send towards vendor : a mix of french and english words, and order number not displayed (see attached files).

How can it be fixed ?

Thank's

Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #259369

Hi,

Donwload the install package of the 2.6.4 on our website and install it on your website and that will add a patch in order to fix that.

• Hikaauction Standard
7 years 2 months ago #259424

Hi,

I installed the package, but I have the same issues.

Best regards.

7 years 2 months ago #259428

Hi,

Then, can you provide a backend access and a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can have a look at the problem ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

7 years 2 months ago #259518

Hi,

I'm not able to access your backend. It seems that the backend is protected with a URL key and you didn't provide the link to use to access it. Could you provide that as well ?

• Hikaauction Standard
7 years 2 months ago #259770

Hi,

Were you able to access the bakend ?

Did you find anything about the issue with the sent emails towards vendor ?

Best regards.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #259782

Hi,

When you send us your credentials, you did not provide your website URL.
And because you're using a thread from another user ; the details that we have for that ticket are not related to your website.
I think that the best would be to open a new thread and provide all basic information (HikaShop version number, url of your website (which can stay private), etc).
It would be also best for the support because that thread subject is not related to your issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds