Problems with changing quantities in cart view and cart module

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 6 months ago #252254

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29, 5.4.16, 5.5.38, 5.6.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 49.0.1, Chrome 53.0.2785.143

Hello,

After latest Joomla update (3.6.2), there was a problem with checkout process on our site. If you create cart as guest user, proceed to checkout and log into your account, you were not able to change quantities in either cart on checkout, cart menu item or cart module.

version of Hikashop was 2.3.5, so I updated it to 3.6.4. That solved the problem of changing quantities in during checkout, but changing quantities in cart module and cart menu item was still not properly working.

Thinking that some custom changes might have caused this, I created separate fresh joomla 3.6.2 installation and installed only JC Editor and hikashop 2.6.4, but the same problems were present there as well.

There are two problems with cart:

1. In cart view (add cart as menu item) quantities cannot be changed, and if you press enter after you change quantity number, you actually get redirected to the start of checkout
  2. In cart module if you press enter after changing quantity it redirects you to start of checkout, but if you change quantity and click outside of the box, it will properly update

Changing quantities works properly for cart view in checkout.

Appreciate all your thoughts on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 6 months ago #252263

Hi,

When you press enter on your keyboard the browser submit the current form with the default action. The default action of both forms is the action to go to the checkout.

On the cart view after you enter a quantity, you need to click on the refresh icon next to the quantity field and it will do the quantity change. If you just press on enter, it will be as if you click on the proceed to checkout button.

7 years 6 months ago #252370

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for your reply, but maybe you did not completely understand the problem. Let me explain it more.

First, in cart view, even if you change quantity and click refresh button, it does not change quantity. Delete button also does not work. both of them refresh the page, but cart contents stay the same as before, they are not updated. And it does not make a difference if you do it as guest or registered user. So, can you look into that?

Second, even though you say that pressing enter is supposed to take you to checkout, I see usability issue here, because people are used to press enter to confirm input if they don't see any button to press.

Also, we had an actual issue with one customer filling out credit card info on last step and then wanting to remove some product, he put zero and pressed enter and was presented with thank you page because hikashop processed the payment. And couple of other users also mentioned this as an issue. If you could make this change, I think a lot of people here would agree it would be useful.

Thank you in advance.

7 years 6 months ago #252374

Hi,

1. I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my end with the latest build of the latest version of HikaShop. When I change the quantity, delete or refresh, be it in the cart module, the checkout cart, or the cart manager, the quantity modification is properly taken into account. Could you provide a link to a page with the issue with precise instructions to reproduce the issue ?

2. Regarding the improvement of the behavior with the enter key, that's a good idea. We'll work on that for the next version of HikaShop. But I can't provide a solution with the current version of the checkout/cart as it will require a lot of modifications to handle that properly.

7 years 6 months ago #252475

Hello Nicholas,

There is definitely some problem with cart view on our live and test site I created. I will send you access info for it, so you can check it out yourself.

Hikashop is installed with demo products and there is cart menu item, so you can check it and try to modify cart contents there.

Hopefully, you will figure this out.

7 years 6 months ago #252482

Hi,

I see the issue on your website but I'm not able to reproduce it on my end.
First, I see that you're using the Starter edition. Thus, I've installed a clean Joomla with a clean HikaShop Starter with the sample data for both.
I'm not even able to create a "cart" menu item since I don't have such menu item type in the Starter edition:
take.ms/FBpMQ
So I don't see how you made your cart menu item on your test website with a clean HikaShop Starter.
I then created a control panel menu item, but again I can't access the cart area with the Starter edition:
take.ms/3f63N
So I'm not able to reproduce the issue in the same conditions.
I then tried to upgrade to the Business edition. Then, I created a menu item of the type HikaShop cart display. And when I access it and change the quantity of the items in my cart, it works just fine.

7 years 6 months ago #252690

Hello Nicolas,

I downloaded installation files for hikashop business again and reinstalled it on both sites (the one where the problem initially appeared and second testing copy which I gave access to you).

On test site I removed it completely and installed it again, and now changing cart quantities work. I'm not sure what made it work, because I did no make any changes in installation process or config changes afterwards. I did everything same as the first time.

I really have no idea what went wrong before, but Installing it again seems to have solved the problem. Are you sure that you guys did not make some small change during these last two weeks?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

7 years 6 months ago #252754

Hi,

We did fix quantity issues around two weeks ago.
However, in your first messages, it seemes that you had updated to the 2.6.4 around a week ago so you would already have had the patch if you had downloaded the install package at that point.
Also, I specifically said "I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my end with the latest build of the latest version of HikaShop".
So now I understand that you were probably trying with an older build and not the latest one, while I was supposing that you had the latest build and that's why we had different results, and I suppose that for you new tests, you must have used the latest build and thus you didn't had the error, like me.

7 years 6 months ago #252787

Well, that explains a lot.

I was using version that I downloaded on September 28 (still marked as 2.6.4). So it was different than this I downloaded two days ago, even though both of them have same version number.

Anyway, I am glad that this is solved, and thank you for taking the time to help me.

1 year 1 month ago #350330

Hello
I have a same problem with my eshop www.all.sk
when user isnt loged there is no problem with change quantities or remove items from cart.
But after loggin there still move foward to next step.
For now I just move login step after cart check.

I there some steps to solve this problem, except upgrade hikashop version ?

I using Joomla 3.6.5 with hikashop version is 2.3.5

Thanks

1 year 4 weeks ago #350440

Hi,

I'm afraid you need to update HikaShop at this point.
I would also recommend updating Joomla to the latest version of joomla 3.

11 months 2 weeks ago #351527

Hi.
I also found out that when logging in via the main page, it does not cause this problem. Only when logging in to the shopping cart.
Also after logging ich shoping cart, I cannot add more other goods, not even change quantities or remove some goods
It looks like chart is locked after login.
But when I login in main page, everything works fine.
Don't know where the problem could be?
Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to update joomla or hikashop. / show some errors, maybe php problem with host provider/

Thanks

Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by dizo.

11 months 2 weeks ago #351530

Hi,

If you want to pay me several hundred euros for the time I'll spent looking into the issue on your website to fix it, I can do it. But I still think it would be better to spend that money on updating HikaShop.

Checking your website, I can see you have a bit of customization on the products listings, the cart module, and the cart in the checkout. The rest I could see looks like the default display of HikaShop.
What would be the reason you think you can't update HikaShop ?

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds