Delete on cart module not working

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 5 days ago #267676

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.irlendyslexia.com/store
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3

Hello,

After updating to the latest version I noticed that the delete option in the cart module is no longer working. I am also using Admin Tools and every time I try to delete it is recorded as a security exception and after a couple of attempts you will get blocked.

I first contacted Akeeba with the issue, after their investigation this was their reply:

I see. There's a tmpl= in your URL but it's empty. That's an invalid URL to begin with. The proper way to deal with it is contact HikaShop and ask them to investigate why an empty tmpl is being used and suppress it from the URLs they are generating. In other words, it seems to be a bug in Hikashop which went undetected because Joomla! is currently (and erroneously) ignoring an empty tmpl query string parameter.

Another website that is still running v2.6.4 does not have this issue. I can temporarily get the site to work without people being blocked by admin tools.

Regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 days ago #267685

Hello,

I would be happy to know where there is an empty "tmpl" parameter ; I perform a search in the all HIkaShop code and I can't find any.
For the new checkout system, we are using "tmpl=ajax" which not a "regular" value but which allow us to be sure that the calls are made for the ajax system.

So can you point us where that link is exactly ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 5 days ago #267792

Hi Jerome,

This is way out of my area of expertise. Maybe if you could have a read of my ticket in Akeeba?
Akeeba Ticket

Kind regards
Lene

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 4 days ago #267793

Hi,

On your ticket there, you say that the link logged by Akeeba is " www.irlendyslexia.com/store/product/upda...tzLTQ0LXBhZ2U=?tmpl= "
And indeed, having an empty tmpl parameter would be invalid and that would mean a bug where that link is generated.
But as Jerome said, We don't have anywhere a tmpl parameter without a value in HikaShop.
In fact, when I try to reproduce the problem on your website with my browser's inspector openned, here is what I get:
monosnap.com/file/vVaosGSEOEoiwNcfF3p8qRPC3BqMm7
As you can see, the tmpl parameter is NOT empty but contains the value "ajax". So the problem is not in HikaShop since the URL is valid but in the thing which blocks it for invalid reasons.
In fact, looking online, it might come from a setting in AdminTools as someone with the same issue was able to solve it by turning a setting off in AdminTools :
www.smartaddons.com/forum/413-sj-mini-ca...tion-from-cart#29898

• Thank you received: 42
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
7 years 4 days ago #267846

Hi

I came across a similar problem when the Add to cart button was clicked and resolved it in Admin Tools by setting the "Block tmpl=foo system template switch" to "No". You can find the setting in the 'Visual Fingerprinting Protection' tab.

regards
Trevor

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds