Notification emails sent in different languages

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 9 months ago #273828

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi there,

My website uses 5 languages (EN, ES, FR, IT, DE). Since the Joomla upgrade to Joomla 3.7.3 my customers receive the email notifications in different languages.

That is, the user can select the language and he receives the ORDER CREATED email notification in the selected language. The Hikashop order get the right language code in the #_hikashop_order table.

However when the Payment is accepted (I have tried with Stripe plugin and MangoPay plugin) the ORDER CONFIRMED email arrives in a different language than selected by the user.

The same happens to the email notifications received by the store admin and by the selling Vendor (using HIkamarket)

Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #274005

Hello,

In which language are the emails ?
It would be really strange that Joomla 3.7.3 update do not authorize HikaShop to load other language file anymore.
The fact that the user language is stored in the order objet should improved the emails but I don't see how it could make it worst.
At least it won't change anything as it was before the implementation of the feature.
Stripe do not have the language parameter in the notify URL so the website do not have the information of the language that the customer used ; it could be interesting to add that information :
github.com/HikaShop/hikashoppayment-stri...ripe/stripe.php#L121

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 9 months ago #274031

Hi Jerome,

The customer selects the language between EN, ES, FR, IT, DE. Tthe order created email is sent in the same language as selected by the customer. The order confirmed email is sent in ENGLISH (the default language in my Joomla site).

It looks like other people is having the same problem:
www.hikashop.com/forum/10-translation/89...-not-translated.html

I also have this problem from the backend:
www.hikashop.com/forum/10-translation/89...anslated.html#272497

It happens also with the Mangopay Plugin, so I don't think it is a Stripe plugin issue.

It used to work well and now something changed (I'm not sure what) and it does NOT work.

I'd appreciate if could look into this in more detail since it is HUGE problem.

I can give you a URL in my site so you try it out and can see by yourself

Many thanks

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by sabroso.

6 years 9 months ago #274042

Ok, I think the problem is related to a Joomla issue, see here:
issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/17084

It should be fixed for Joomla 3.7.4 but for now it works better if you change the Cookie Lifetime from Session to Year in the System - Language Plugin.

Having said that I think Hikashop needs a more robust and stable way of dealing with selecting the language for notifications. You are already storing the language for each order #_hikashop_order table. Wouldn't this help to set the language for future notifications for a particular order?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #274043

Hello,

Having said that I think Hikashop needs a more robust and stable way of dealing with selecting the language for notifications.

Sorry but the language are part of the Joomla core, HikaShop can't do that because it's not his role.
Except if you want that HikaShop not using the Joomla language core system, so not using Joomla to work.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds