Checkout guest address country change issue

• Thank you received: 114
5 years 7 months ago #297326

-- HikaShop version -- : 1808241828

Hi,

So after playing with checkout i just found another issue with address and zone restrictions....

To reproduce the issue:

1. Make sure address on registration is set to "YES" in checkout login block.
2. In address block set address to shipping or billing, it doesn't matter.
3.Try to checkout, Add address and register account.
4. Now edit address and select different country as example Germany, save it.

And the new address will be added in back-end which will be set as default with country Germany...( Issue here...Editable address should be saved instead new one created?)

5. Edit address again and select your default country, save it.

The default address in back-end will be that one with country Germany. In the front-end you see your default country address only...So shipping and payment zone restriction stops working here.

I have made quick video as this will help you understand issue better.

This message contains confidential information

Kind Regards

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by kyratn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #297335

UPDATE. Please ignore! i

It looks like i had some js error and it was cached. Sorry for taking your time....

Thank you

5 years 7 months ago #297336

MY BAD, the issue still there!!

It works fine if later you delete all addresses in back-end and reapply them again in front-end.

Could someone take a looks please??

Kind Regards

5 years 7 months ago #297338

So finally i found what is giving issue.

1. When address on registration is set to "YES", after successful registration the shipping and billing addresses are created. All fine here.
2. After modifying shipping address and changing country, the billing address is updated as well.
3. Modifying again shipping address, the billing address is not updated anymore, those zone restrictions stop working properly as per my video attached.

Hope you can reproduce the issue and fix it.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297344

Hi,

The payment methods zone restriction is based on the country of the billing address. So if you change the country of the shipping address, and not the one of the billing address, it's normal that the payment method zone restriction doesn't change.
The only issue I can perhaps see here, is why you would be able to change the billing address when you edit the shipping address the first time after creating the user account.
When you register and check the checkbox to use the billing address entered also as a shipping address, it should directly make a duplicate and you should have an address for the billing and an address for the shipping.
You can't look at the backend addresses of the customer. We didn't work on it yet and thus it just displays all the addresses of the customer without indicating if it's an address only for shipping or only for billing or for both (legacy addresses created before HikaShop 3.5). We'll have to change the system in the backend to display that.

5 years 7 months ago #297387

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The only issue I can perhaps see here, is why you would be able to change the billing address when you edit the shipping address the first time after creating the user account.

The issue is as you say Nicolas!

If i register account via joomla registration and then go to checkout, everything works fine because address block is used but if i register via show_block_login.php ( with settings address on registration is set to "YES") the issue occures on the first time editing shipping address.

If no country changed it works fine but as soon as you change country, the new billing address with that country will be created which shouldn't be....

I could go into deeper explanations cause i was playing with it like 4-6 hours and found this potentially could give some issues in next checkout steps. Which i am happy to explain later if need it....

Are you going to fix it?

Thanks

5 years 7 months ago #297389

Also if you register via show_block_login.php with settings address on registration is set to "YES" only one address is added in back-end. Which i don't know is shipping, billing or 2 in 1.

After editing shipping address and changing country, second address is added which is billing.... Defintely something wrong here!

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297430

Hi,

I found the issue.
It was a subtility that we didn't account for.
I've added a patch for it.
You can download the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

5 years 7 months ago #297435

nicolas wrote: It was a subtility that we didn't account for.

Hi,

Well you have some great user who will find it for you :)

It is working fine now!

Thank you for your support Nicolas

Have a great weekend

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds