SOLVED: Checkout Workflow now working

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 5 months ago #176786

Hi Nicolas,

Many thanks for the time you are spending on this.

However, on my side, the checkout process is still stuck at the address step !
If I click on 'Next' nothing happen still...

Should I do something on my side ?

Thxs !

D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
9 years 5 months ago #176795

Hi,

It's definitely working for me now.

The problem you had was actually that an error message was displayed on your checkout by HikaShop because of the group plugin of HikaShop but your template was not displaying the error messages. So I switched to the protostar template to do a test and then I had the error message similar to the thread I gave in my previous message, which is how I found out about the issue.

So I guess that if it doesn't work for you now, it's because you're using the email address of an existing user of your website and that's not possible because that would lead to a security issue. So the system is rightfully refusing your guest checkout and displays you a message that the email address is already used but you don't see it as your template is not displaying the error and that's why it works for me since I don't have any account with the email address I used for my test.

9 years 5 months ago #176796

INDEED ! :) :) :)
Very well done !!!!

Just sent an sms to the marketing guy (who is in a meeting with the client) !

Any idea on how I could activate error message back?

MANY thanks again Nicolas

9 years 5 months ago #176808

This is something to change in your template.
We have some documentation about this here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html

9 years 5 months ago #176841

HI Nicolas,

I know, me again. :( :( :( :(
(I know...)

I have found a very important issue in the 'simplified' ordering process.
I don't know if this is just me or if this is the system.

Let me explain ou :
- go on the website :www.programme-minceur.eu?betab
- order something
-> you'll have to enter an email adresse and then an adress
- move forward in the porcess to next step.

and THEN : decide to change your email adress, in the end.
Or to change your adress.

It is not possible.

The way I setup things is the way I want it visually.

But this is not allowing people to change / modify their email address or adress : you can NOT get access anymore to the email address & address fields !!! It just jump over the step 2 !!! It acts like if I am logged (and that's probably what it is doing)...

Worst : if you delete your order (!) you still cannot give e new adress ! You have to wait for a while that (probably) the system logs you out... Help !

I have tried dozens of combination with your checkout process, and with using the normal 'Adress' field or not, or asking the Connexion or not...

I didn't manage to have a clean simple way to order a product without doing registration, that allows to change email or address during the process... (I put the cart duration to 1 minutes, thinking that it might help to make the system consider that the client had just to enter the while thing again as a now order...).

You have the front-end access, you have the backend access : please make trials you need (I have backups).
I don't know what to say to my client who was willing to open the shop on Monday (was planned today)...

What do you think ?????
Any solution keeping my simple approach of ordering ???

Many thanks to keep me posted on this, I really need your 'lights' here....

Best
Dominique

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by DomJam. Reason: More details....

9 years 5 months ago #176855

Hi,

If you want the user to be able to edit his address after the form, then you can just add the "address" view in your checkout workflow. That's why we have that view by default in the checkout workflow option of the configuration.

Making the cart duration 1 minute is a really bad idea. It means that if the user doesn't refresh any page on your website for 1 minute, he might potentially loose his cart. You don't want to do that.
The email and address data is stored in the user session while the user is checking out. At the end of the checkout process, the data is saved with the order and removed from the user session so that the user can do another order with a new email and address immediately.

9 years 5 months ago #176873

Hi Nicolas,

Very nice to see an answer on a Saturday. Many many thanks !
Helps me to hope to solve this by Monday.

So. Actually, I did 'play' with the 'address' field yesterday already.

BUT when I was adding it, the 'eMail' address filed was disappearing from the process !! And I was then able to place an order without giving any eMail address at all !!! Clumsy. So I thought that this was no the way to do it and removed it. I tried several other things too.

The thing is : you cannot just ask people to 'place their order' to change a mistake or to do a modification in their address afterwards... That's absolutekly not possible. And it will happen that, in step 3, people in the end want to change their email address or the address where they want to be delivered. That is 100% sure.

HikaShop has to allow this, even in the 'simplified' checkout setup.

A new bug today ??
Today, I tried again to place the address fields in, just before writing you this post. Something is now wrong on top of the main issue : now the system seems to be stuck ! You can check it : the 'Address' is IN the checkout flow, but does NOT appear in the process... And anyway, yesterday it was appearing (and then indeed shipping address could be modified when going back to that step, sure), BUT then the email adresse field was not there anymore... There must be something wrong somewhere.

An 'eMail' filed ?
In my opinion, it is because your system uses / mixes 2 type of adresses : the address from the 'customer account' with the 'shipping address' of the goods. The first one implies that the customer create an account. Same more or less for the address email.
And as there's not account created in the 'simplified checkout' case... In my opinion (but that worth nothing I guess) may be we should also have an 'email' field that can be placed in the checkout process (like the 'Address' one). And that would be mostly useful for the 'simple checkout' process. And that would be more logical for us and for your system : for simple checkout, no more 'Connexion' field. Just -logically- 'Adress' and 'eMail' field in the checkout flow...

Anyway.

In the end, as a summary, what I want is simple:
STEP 1 - Review the Cart --> OK
STEP 2 - Enter adresses (email & shipping ones, AND being able to go back to change them during checkout process) --> NOT ok for now :-(
STEP 3 - confirm Shipping --> OK
STEP 4 - confirm Payment --> OK
--> Go to Payment --> OK

Could you help me on this please ?

Something is for sure : customers need to be able to change all their info by going back during this simplified checkout. Shipping address and eMail adress.

How can I achieve that ? What am I doing wrong ?
Any idea ?

Many thanks again for your help / solution,
Best

Dominique

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by DomJam. Reason: Typos

9 years 5 months ago #176894

Hi,

The email address cannot be changed during the checkout once entered.
If you want to make sure that the user enters the correct one, then turn on the "Display email confirmation field" option so that you're sure it's the correct one. I checked your website and I see that you already found out about it.
If you want to modify the system to allow the user to change his email address, it will require a complex modification of the code of HikaShop. You won't be able to have it done by a developer in 1 day (unless you have one at hand who knows what he is doing).

Regarding the address, you say that you don't see it in the progress bar of the checkout and looking at your checkout workflow, it's normal since you added it under the "login" view. If you want it as its own step, then you want to reorder your views in the checkout workflow in order to have the address alone on its step after the login view view step.

If you want just an email and address fields without the login/address views, and have them editable, that's totally possible already.
For that, you need to remove both login and address views and add instead the "fields" view. Then, create custom fields of the table "order" via the menu Display>Custom fields for all the fields you want.
The drawbacks of that solution is that these custom fields are just information fields. They won't be taken into account for zone restrictions of your shipping/payment methods if any, they won't be taken into account for tax calculation, they won't be taken into in order to send email notifications. So since you loose quite a bit of functions of the checkout because of that, we don't usually recommend that solution, but it might suits your current case better than the current setup.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DomJam

9 years 5 months ago #177692

Hi Nicolas,

I never thanked you since your last week-end answer on this issue.
It helped me to finalize a solution that I have delivered to my client on Monday.

Many thanks, then.

In short, I finally added another step (as suggested by you) with 'address' field as a whole step in its own, and indeed used the confirmation field for email.

My client hasn't complained for now, even if I haven't been able to deliver what we originally agreed.

Indeed if you compare those 2 payment process:
--> 1°) dimepol.fr/commander (not Hikashop. It is 'woocommerce' on WordPress I think)
--> 2°) www.programme-minceur.eu/commander/product/2-pack-homme (Hikashop)

...then it is obvious that the n°1 is way shorter (almost everything on one screen) than the n°2. I haven't been able to replicate this with Hikashop.

Only 2 steps for n°1 and 6 for the n°2 (!!) Despite what you original said, I haven't been able to do something like that, even with your help. On top of that, despite trials, it is not possible in my process to change the email address during checkout flow, once entered.

As a conclusion, I am happy that -with your help- I have been able to make something work, but disappointed that I havent been able to deliver what I was suppose to.

I really think that to have to select 'Connexion' in the 'checkout flow' when you don't want/need people to connect or create an account is just a bypass that you have found in the past to make something simpler in Hikashop, rather than a real thoughtout solution.

I love Hikashop, because it can really do very complex things very very well, unlike of plenty other eShop solutions : it is very flexible in that regards. But I would really love you guys to manage to create a real 'simple checkout' process, where we could put everything on the same page, selecting 'email' and 'address' fields that can be edited anytime during the process. It would make Hikashop even more universal.

I hope this can inspire you for future.

Many, many thanks again for your answers and suggestions over the weekend, it really help me to deliver something on monday. :)

Best regards,
Dominique

9 years 5 months ago #177705

Hi,

You configured your checkout workflow in 6 steps instead of 1 as it is by default, so it is normal that it doesn't look like the other website. I'm sorry but I stand by what I said before. It is possible to have the same fields/selection on the same same page like on that website.

We definitely want to improve the checkout in the future. Thank you for your input.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds