Manual shipping & two distribution points

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #40233

I have two wholesale distributors, one in North Carolina and the other in California.
Is there a way to have two sets of manual shipping methods one for each distributor?

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #40344

Can I achieve this by using different weight measurements? Either by a code of sorts ie A,B,C,D or by those products measured in lbs are shipped by weight set X and those measured in kgs are in weight set Y.

• Thank you received: 13100
12 years 2 months ago #40415

Hi,

That won't work. What you could do though is to use volumes for that differentiation.
For example, all the products from distributor A would have a volume of 1. The ones from distributor B would have a volume of 1000.

Then, you would have two types of manual shipping methods. The ones with a volume < 999.5 and the ones with a volume between 999.5 and 1000.5, between 1999.5 and 2000.5, etc.

That way, if the user tries to order products from both distributors it won't let him (if that's what you want, otherwise, you can have a third class of shipping methods between 1000.5 and 1999.5, and between 2000.5 and 2999.5 , etc).

12 years 2 months ago #40503

Thanks Nicolas I'll have to turn that over in my mind.
One other thing: Is it possible to have the shipping price be a percentage of the order price?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13100
12 years 2 months ago #40678

No, there is no option for that.
That would require to create a new shipping plugin for HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds