- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop product search
14 years 7 months ago #41264
by ener
Hikashop product search was created by ener
Is it possible to make hikashop search plugin so, that it displays products with images and prices?
Something similar like here: www.halens.fi/Search/cGxheXN1aXQ=?criteria=playsuit
Something similar like here: www.halens.fi/Search/cGxheXN1aXQ=?criteria=playsuit
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41437
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hikashop product search
Yes, but not using the Joomla search.
You will have to create filters for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-filter-listing.html
You will have to create filters for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-filter-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #157901
by Tikitonga
Replied by Tikitonga on topic Re: Hikashop product search
Hi there!
Is there any alternative for those who have free version?. Does that mean I wont be able to search products on my site?
Is there any alternative for those who have free version?. Does that mean I wont be able to search products on my site?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #157909
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Hikashop product search
Hi,
The filters are a feature of HikaShop business.
With the free version, you can use the Joomla search without any problem.
Otherwise, you can implement the feature using custom plugin, implementing this feature on your side.
Regards,
The filters are a feature of HikaShop business.
With the free version, you can use the Joomla search without any problem.
Otherwise, you can implement the feature using custom plugin, implementing this feature on your side.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158073
by Tikitonga
Replied by Tikitonga on topic Re: Hikashop product search
Hi again,
Nicolas wrote in last post that it's impossible to do that with regular joomla search bar. When I try to do it like this, search bar doesn't use Hikashop database and in result I can only search articles within site, but not within my products. Can You help me?
Nicolas wrote in last post that it's impossible to do that with regular joomla search bar. When I try to do it like this, search bar doesn't use Hikashop database and in result I can only search articles within site, but not within my products. Can You help me?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158120
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Hikashop product search
Hi,
Nicolas said that you can't display image and price while using the regular Joomla search bar.
It is not possible to have the same result that the user "ener" wanted.
But you can do search and display HikaShop products (or categories), we have some "joomla search" plugins for that. You just have to publish and configure them.
The thing is that it will display the product, with the name and the description but that's all.
So the answer is already in my previous message.
Regards,
Nicolas said that you can't display image and price while using the regular Joomla search bar.
It is not possible to have the same result that the user "ener" wanted.
But you can do search and display HikaShop products (or categories), we have some "joomla search" plugins for that. You just have to publish and configure them.
The thing is that it will display the product, with the name and the description but that's all.
So the answer is already in my previous message.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225402
by mardhiah
Replied by mardhiah on topic Hikashop product search
Hi, i am new to joomla and i use hikashop.
I am using the joomla search to search the items that i have in hikashop. Do you have a step by step instructions as how to do so?
Your help is geatly appreciated
I am using the joomla search to search the items that i have in hikashop. Do you have a step by step instructions as how to do so?
Your help is geatly appreciated
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225446
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop product search
Hi,
There is no step by step, because it's really easy. Just go in your Joomla plugins manager and enable the HikaShop products search plugin.
That way, the Joomla search will display the products as results of the search.
There is no step by step, because it's really easy. Just go in your Joomla plugins manager and enable the HikaShop products search plugin.
That way, the Joomla search will display the products as results of the search.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225491
by mardhiah
Replied by mardhiah on topic Hikashop product search
I have done as you told me to but i received an error message: 500 - JHtml: :formbehavior not supported. File not found.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225544
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop product search
Hi,
That error comes from the Joomla search system. It doesn't seem to be linked to the HikaShop search plugin.
I suppose that if you deactivate the HikaShop search plugin, you still get that error.
In that case, please post your question on forum.joomla.org which will be more adapted to help you sort out that issue with the Joomla search system.
That error comes from the Joomla search system. It doesn't seem to be linked to the HikaShop search plugin.
I suppose that if you deactivate the HikaShop search plugin, you still get that error.
In that case, please post your question on forum.joomla.org which will be more adapted to help you sort out that issue with the Joomla search system.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #268569
by hactic
Replied by hactic on topic Hikashop product search
Where can I change (overwrite) the standard output of the Hikashop Product Search plugin?
I am looking in Hikashop > Display > Views and filter by "Product", but it would be trial-and-error to narrow things down here.
Reason is that I have changed product.product_description to contain internationalized output (in various languages)
and I only want to output text in the specific language.
Pst scriptum:
I fFound plugins/search/hikashop_products/ hikashop_products.php and can alter the return value for product_description.
But I want to also change the number of characters that are displayed as a search result before the ... (dots).
I am looking in Hikashop > Display > Views and filter by "Product", but it would be trial-and-error to narrow things down here.
Reason is that I have changed product.product_description to contain internationalized output (in various languages)
and I only want to output text in the specific language.
Pst scriptum:
I fFound plugins/search/hikashop_products/ hikashop_products.php and can alter the return value for product_description.
But I want to also change the number of characters that are displayed as a search result before the ... (dots).
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by hactic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 5 months ago #268573
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop product search
Hi,
The results are not displayed by HikaShop but by com_search, the search extension of Joomla. So if you want to change the way they are displayed, you would have to modify the view displaying the results of com_search.
Here is a tutorial on that:
www.joomshaper.com/blog/how-to-improve-s...s-page-in-joomla-3-4
The results are not displayed by HikaShop but by com_search, the search extension of Joomla. So if you want to change the way they are displayed, you would have to modify the view displaying the results of com_search.
Here is a tutorial on that:
www.joomshaper.com/blog/how-to-improve-s...s-page-in-joomla-3-4
The following user(s) said Thank You: hactic
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds