Problem with hikashop registration?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #42109

I am using hikashop 1.5.6 (free)
I am using joomla 1.5.25 Stable

My problem is that when a guest registers on the site, after they are done...it doesn't go to a page letting them know that they registered successfully. It just goes to the normal homepage. The guest has no idea if he or she is registered or not? Any way of fixing this? They do get an email saying they have registered. This would be confusing for someone joining the site.

I am using the hikashop registration and not the joomla one. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #42151

I have the same problem using joomla 2.5 and last stable version of hikashop

12 years 2 months ago #42153

Well if you figure out a fix, let me know lol. I will do the same. ;) I am still searching for the answer. Thinking of deleting it and using something else. Lots of little problems. Internal server errors and what not.

All I want it to do is right after a user registers, display some text on the page like, "You are now registered, you may now loin".

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by lookabit.

12 years 2 months ago #42167

I´ve just found the problem in my case. I am using the gantry template. This template have a swich where you can turn off the system messages an it was off.
I turn on and the problem disapear.
I hope you can solve your problem so easy.

• Thank you received: 13092
12 years 2 months ago #42184

HikaShop uses the core Joomla messaging system to display messages on your website so if you don't see any message when you don't enter correct information during the checkout process, that's probably because your Joomla template does not contain the tag to display Joomla messages: <jdoc:include type="message" />
Or sometimes, your template has an option to turn that display off. So first, check about such option in your template options screen and turn it on.

If you don't find it, pleaselease edit the index.php file from your template and make sure the tag <jdoc:include type="message" /> is added to it.
If not, please add it just before the tag <jdoc:include type="component" />
This tag should already be present in all templates.

12 years 2 months ago #42216

Thank you very much nicolas! Fixed my problem perfectly. I did put the "<jdoc:include type="message" />" right before the "<jdoc:include type="component" />". Thanks for helping me out. I can feel my headache slipping away now, lol. ;) You guys have a donate buton on here at all. On other joomla extension sites a donate when someone helps me out. ;) Usually I can figure it out with the help of Google, this time it was making me scratch my head. Thanks again. :)

I wonder if this had anything to do with the intermitant internal server errors? I tried to make my site do it again, but I couldn't after inserting the "<jdoc:include type="message" />". Maybe its fixed now? Ah well, back to some more testing and fiddling around. :)

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by lookabit.

• Thank you received: 13092
12 years 2 months ago #42378

We have a donate button at the bottom of our documentation page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation.html

Internal server errors are not related to that. It must come from something else.

12 years 2 months ago #42491

Thank you very much nicolas. :)

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds