- Posts: 95
- Thank you received: 1
Cant upload image to the product.
14 years 6 months ago #43210
by vaclav
Cant upload image to the product. was created by vaclav
Hello,
i am trying to add a product image when creating a new product but when I choose the image file on my hdd, type image name (tried both - with*.jpg and without suffix) after a few seconds this message appears:
Warning: Failed to move file!
Could not upload the file to /var/www/myweb/html/media/com_hikashop/upload/zpp001.jpg
I went through this forum and find that I should change the folders media/com_hikashop/upload and thumbnails permission to 777 which I did and it didnt help me.
Any idea how to upload images to my products?
Thanks
Sincerely
Vaclav
i am trying to add a product image when creating a new product but when I choose the image file on my hdd, type image name (tried both - with*.jpg and without suffix) after a few seconds this message appears:
Warning: Failed to move file!
Could not upload the file to /var/www/myweb/html/media/com_hikashop/upload/zpp001.jpg
I went through this forum and find that I should change the folders media/com_hikashop/upload and thumbnails permission to 777 which I did and it didnt help me.
Any idea how to upload images to my products?
Thanks
Sincerely
Vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43327
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Cant upload image to the product.
Hi,
Besides permissions, I don't see any other reasons why it would not be able to copy the file in that folder.
You can try to setup the FTP layer of Joomla in order to avoid the problem:
www.joomlainformation.com/joomla-tutoria...e-ftp-in-joomla.html
If that still doesn't work with that method. Then, you can manually upload the files via FTP in that folder and link them with the products via the text area import (menu Products->Import) like that:
product_code,images
my_prod1,myimagename1.jpg
my_prod2,myimagename2.jpg
...etc...
Besides permissions, I don't see any other reasons why it would not be able to copy the file in that folder.
You can try to setup the FTP layer of Joomla in order to avoid the problem:
www.joomlainformation.com/joomla-tutoria...e-ftp-in-joomla.html
If that still doesn't work with that method. Then, you can manually upload the files via FTP in that folder and link them with the products via the text area import (menu Products->Import) like that:
product_code,images
my_prod1,myimagename1.jpg
my_prod2,myimagename2.jpg
...etc...
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44375
by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Re: Cant upload image to the product.
I solved it by importing products. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds