Customize Checkout?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #445

I see on your website that Hikashop Starter allows you to customize the checkout flow. What I want is for the visitor to click Checkout in the Mini Cart module to view the cart, shipping address and a custom HTML formatted message, along with a login for returning shoppers. I want them to enter their info and click Confirm to see a new page of all their info and shopping cart. They click Finish and are redirected to a thank you page.

How do I do that?

EDIT: Orders are pay on delivery.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by geocentricdesign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 5 months ago #447

Hi,

So first, you can configure the workflow of the checkout in the configuration of HikaShop in the main tab. I invite you to read the documentation about the checkout workflow on this page:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/54.html#main
If you still have questions on that, do not hesitate.

Then, once you have a workflow you like, you can also customize each view of the checkout by going to the HikaShop menu Display->Views. Search for "checkout" and you will see all the views related to the checkout. There, you can edit the code of each view and add your custom HTML. This system is compatible with the MCV structure of Joomla and thus, when you update, you won't loose your modifications.

13 years 5 months ago #512

Thanks, I just bought the Essential version to get the streamlined checkout. This is the best cart I've used for any open source solution. Thanks for putting so much work into it! Now I have one more question. First the scenario:

I added a product to my cart and checked out, filling out the Register form and submitting it. Everything seems to work fine. Then I went back to try it again, acting like I was a person who forgot they ordered with us before, and entered the info into the Register form instead of logging in. I got the following error message that looks unclean to the shopper:

This username/password already in use. Please try another.

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/sweetepi/public_html/geocentricdesign.com/gb/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 63

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/sweetepi/public_html/geocentricdesign.com/gb/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 63

Can I get rid of the error messages? Is it a Joomla setting or Hikashop? Thanks!

13 years 5 months ago #513

Also,I noticed that if I delete a user in Hikashop it is only deleted from Hikashop and not Joomla. But if you delete a Joomla user it messes up the Hika user account by deleting only the username and password. If you then try to delete the Hikauser it won't go away.

13 years 5 months ago #515

Hi Geocentric,

I had similar issues to you and I do believe that they have fixed this in the next release that is being tested for release. [well at the very least the error message issue].

Good luck.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 5 months ago #519

Hi,

Thanks to exlemor, we indeed found both problems you mentionned and we already fixed both on our dev website. We still have a bug to look at tomorrow before we will publish the new version.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds