Product Option "OR" configuration.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 3 weeks ago #47492

Hello All,

I have a product that comes in two options a 4oz $29 bottle and a 2oz $19 bottle. The 4oz is the popular product and the one we want to sell because it is more expensive. So it is the default product. However when I add the 2oz as an option it just adds it to the default 4oz. How can I set it up so the customer can choose the 4oz "OR" the 2oz, but if they don't choose anything it defaults to the 4oz?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #47495

OK I figured this out, I set up a characteristic of Bottle Size with the options of 2oz and 4oz. Saved it. then I was able to go back in and "manage" them and add a different price for each. Everything works but the image doesn't update. I can click on the 2oz or 4oz and have the right one add to the cart and the 4oz is the default, but the image won't refresh.. anyone have any ideas?

• Thank you received: 13088
12 years 2 weeks ago #47733

Can you give a link to your product page so that we can see that ?

12 years 2 weeks ago #47740

Sorry I thought I posted a link:

www.langkatest.com/index.php?option=com_...w&Itemid=503&lang=en

Also if you hover over where the image should be and click it comes up in the popup. Even the one for the option. So its there and changes for the correct option. It just doesn't want to show on the product page.

Another question.. when someone clicks on my carousel it goes to a different product page then when someone selects the product from the menu. Not a big deal I was just curious if I set something up wrong or if this is the norm.

Thanks

12 years 2 weeks ago #47741

Also: I tried it on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE with the same results.

• Thank you received: 13088
12 years 2 weeks ago #47789

For the image not appearing, it comes from something on your website which add opacity to images. Either the template or something related to the display (maybe something called menumatic ?).

For the carousel, it's because you need to configure the "menu" option of your hikashop carousel module.

12 years 1 week ago #48598

I have two main menu's, One called "Main Menu" which I use for my top menu.. FAQ, Contact, Info, Home; then I have a "New Menu" which I use for all of my product categories and products. "Main Menu" and "New Menu" show up in the list when i try to assign the carousel to a menu but HikaShop won't let me select those to assign to the carousel. I can only assign it to sub menus.. items that link to specific categories or products... This is causing a separate product page to come up, separate from my products menu, I wouldn't really care but the different product pages don't have all of the modules as the ones they are supposed to go too... Am I missing a step when assigning the carousel to a menu?

12 years 1 week ago #48665

I figured out why the Product wasn't showing up on the option. It had to do with my template, I am using Shape5 Vertex and there was an option in the the template manager/edit style/javascripts The "enable lazy load images" needs to be set to individual images or disabled NOT "all images". Works great now!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds