Resolved:address fields displayed in wrong order

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #47747

I had most things working correctly, then did something (and I don't know what) that screwed up display of my shipping and billing addresses in the checkout process. Now, instead of seeing:
Name
Street Address
City, State
Zip

I'm seeing:
Name
Street Address
Zip City
State

I tried ordering the custom fields but that seemed only to drive the popup display for adding an address.

Also - I want to display the State Abbreviation (defined in the 3 char code field) rather than the state name and would prefer not to see the Country (Default is US and our organization wouldn't be shipping outside of the US). What is the best way to do this?

Update: I got this working - found a similar post and followed instructions to edit appropriate address_template files.

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by apropos. Reason: problem resolved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
11 years 11 months ago #47850

You won't be able to change the display to have 3 letter codes instead of the name.

The country can be hidden easily with CSS:
#address_country{ display: none; }

6 years 8 months ago #273757

Hello Nicolas,
Is the use of the abbreviation of the State in the address possible with HS3?

6 years 8 months ago #273759

Hi,

I see two ways to do it:

- The simplest is to change the name of the states via the menu System>Zones to have your 3 letters code as the name in the dropdown and that will also be used in the address display.

- The more complex method allows you to keep the name in the dropdown but use the 3 letters code in the address. This requires modifying the setting "address format" in the HikaShop configuration with some custom PHP code.
Here is a thread about that: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/882610-2...r-us-state-code.html

6 years 8 months ago #273853

Thanks Nicolas. I looked in Zones but I don't have any drop down menu allowing for editing.
In your second option, which view do I modify please?

6 years 8 months ago #273855

Hi,

In the menu System>Zones of HikaShop, you can just click on the name of the zone you want to edit in order to modify it.

And for the address format, that's a setting of the HikaShop configuration. So no need to edit a view.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds